• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xorgs

xorgs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

as if you havent made enough money off us gamers. you should be so lucky. now you can shove windows 7 up your ass. banning my unmodded console is uncalled for.

oh and if i wanted to mod my console so i can play legit backups of 50 and 60 dollar games it should be my right. its bad enough your consoles scratched the shit out of many of them an dmade them unreadable

Edited by xorgs, 07 November 2009 - 02:46 AM.

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

guess who cares?

no really guess

#3 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

i just wanted to say i feel for you man, deep down.

/pffftttttrriipppppp

never mind, it was gas.

#4 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(xorgs @ Nov 6 2009, 09:44 PM) View Post

oh and if i wanted to mod my console so i can play legit backups of 50 and 60 dollar games it should be my right.

YEAH! Screw Healthcare, let's march on Washington demanding our rights as gamers!!

Personally, I find Microsoft to be a very lenient company in terms of their policies. If you think Microsoft is bad, you would blow a fuse knowing Sony has tried making customer resale of used PS3/PSP games illegal, claiming once you bought a game, it's yours with no option for resale. That would mean no used games on ebay, gamestop, craigslist, etc..

I recall when Team Blackbolt was designing the MC360 skin for XBMC. Microsoft contacted them and just wanted to ensure they weren't using ripped graphics of their copyrighted content. Team Blackbolt showed them the original textures, and Microsoft gave them their blessing to continue. Other companies would have probably shut them down, regardless.

#5 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

If your console was unmodded then why would you get banned?

why not tell us the tooth?

#6 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Nov 7 2009, 03:34 AM) View Post

I recall when Team Blackbolt was designing the MC360 skin for XBMC. Microsoft contacted them and just wanted to ensure they weren't using ripped graphics of their copyrighted content. Team Blackbolt showed them the original textures, and Microsoft gave them their blessing to continue. Other companies would have probably shut them down, regardless.

That's actually pretty awesome, I wasn't aware of that.

Also, as yaazz requested, how were you banned if your console was unmodded. Playing games before release date, which is essentially akin to receiving stolen property?

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

yeah MS is actually getting more lenient with piracy

for example pirated copies of XP (when discovered) wouldnt let you log in, rendering your PC useless, but with vista and win7 they go into a "reduced functionality" mode, which AFAICT just takes away your desktop background, screensaver and other eye candy while still functioning as an OS

and MS doesnt ban without reason, although modded consoles arent the only way, as catty mentioned pre-release games can get you in trouble (although MS has been lenient on THAT too, taking the stand that its the stores fault for selling, not yours for playing it) and i recall in the XB1 days people would get suspensions for cheating or inappropriate conduct, but i dont think those would up as console bans, just gamertag bans from matchmaking areas and whatnot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users