#211 vinz

vinz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE(coedshowers @ Nov 8 2009, 06:05 AM) View Post

but i would REALLY like to know how many others( banned ) were non-hdmi consoles.

My banned system was non-HDMI. But maybe that just means they are starting with lower serial numbers and working their way up.

#212 Mavster

Mavster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:10 AM

Same situation. Never played a Wave4 game or had to autofix a backup in abg360. Just finished verifying my (three!) physical backups all passed. Most recent game I played was Batman.

One of these is 100% true:
  1. Microsoft can now detect the presence of modded firmware
  2. Results from modded firmware do not always 100% match an unmodded drive.

#213 TerminatR

TerminatR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of hours people play on Live?

A certain number of "strikes" on Xbox Live and you are out (for whatever it is they are checking fo)

But the casual players will take alot longer to get to that threshhold.

Thoughts?

#214 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

Started playing on my Xeon(non-HDMI) at around 9 to 12 in the morning than get on around 6 hours later to play some more and discover than I was banned. I also posted in the other post that had people saying if they were banned or not that I hadn't been banned yet.

Drive: BenQ(spoofed as MS28)
Firmware: iXtreme 1.6
Wave 4: nope
Activate.iso: nope
Games early: Rock Band: The Beatles
Games installed to HD: Rock Band: The Beatles
Last Games Played: Forza 3, Borderlands

#215 Muzzakus

Muzzakus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:21 AM

I'm no lawyer, but cripling OFFLINE functionality off the console seems like M$ may have opened up a can of worms here.

People being banned would fall into the following categories I assume :

- Knowing modder
- Legitimate user (previously modded secondhand system)
- Legitimate user (previously modded refurbished system?)

I would say legitimate users always need an official avenue for appeal - which is already lacking. Knowing modders - bad luck. However with M$ intentially going beyond just barring access to online systems I assume all users, legitimate or not now have grounds to appeal this situation. Depending on the laws governing their country a vendor sabotaging your purchased goods and even possibly data? No No No.

I urge all Australians to contact Consumer Affairs and ACCC and put their case forward. Other nations with government bodies protecting consumer right, should do the same. Something is not right here gentlemen. Not right at all.

#216 notmyrealname

notmyrealname

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

I may have the answer for these bans:

1: my cousin was downloading Left4Dead 2 Demo and halfway through it it just froze and Boom: ban...
@ 1600 eastern time, he's got Lite-on 1.51 and he never checks his games, he has the Facebook/twitter beta, and his data was being corrupter days before the ban, so maybe they can only check while you transferring data at certain times.

2: "this is my theory, and the reason for my loggin name",.... maybe they have some idiot @ M$ headquarter going through forums like this one matching loggin names to gametags. thus the erratic bans.

does anyone banned in here have a gamertag that has never been used as a nickname in any forums?

#217 the soul poet

the soul poet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(PhoneyVirus @ Nov 8 2009, 04:10 AM) View Post

You are right about this I made Two backups of the same game's, DMI come's back unverified it's Abgx360 with the wrong data noting is wrong if you verified it your self with Program Output to HTML.

No it is not abgx with the wrong data, it is quite simply a different pressing than the one you have, may have being made in a different plant. Please can people stop saying abgx is bad if you don't understand the way it works.

#218 coedshowers

coedshowers

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:hacking :x
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:28 AM

i was just thinking.....

i ordered a hard drive connectivity kit off ebay for like 10$ last week and what if ( on a non-banned console)
i hooked the hd up and copied all the profiles on the 20gb hd to my hard drive on my laptop then if my 20gb gets banned and i put it on a non-banned console and format it ( which ask for console serial # of new console ) then would i be able to put my profile
( saved to laptop as backup) back onto the newly formatted hd? since it has a new serial # associated with it maybe now the 20gb and profile would work and not be blacklisted on other systems????

any thoughts??/
like i said i'm waiting for my hd kit to come via snail mail so i dont know if this is even possible yet..

#219 icet62

icet62

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

This may sounds dumb saying it but is there any chance it has something to do with the disc PFI checks. Say someone burns a disk and doesn't get the booktype setting correct and it gets burned as just a DVD+R DL disk instead of coming out as a DVD-ROM type of disk. I'm completely new to this but thats one thing I never hear about people talking about when it comes to there backup copies. I also thought that I read somewhere at first the hacked firmware used to have the booktype set to DVD-ROM but they changed to to boot with either booktype. One thing that people could do is take there burnt disk and check them out on there computer and see if all of there games are booktyped as DVD-ROM or not and see what happens.

#220 PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Left 4 Dead 2, BORDERLANDS and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC. Steam ID PhoneyVirus
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(the soul poet @ Nov 7 2009, 09:27 PM) View Post

No it is not abgx with the wrong data, it is quite simply a different pressing than the one you have, may have being made in a different plant. Please can people stop saying abgx is bad if you don't understand the way it works.

Sorry about that one I though I added it thanks man Abgx360 is not Bad just the Pirates that use it grr.gif

#221 the soul poet

the soul poet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(PhoneyVirus @ Nov 8 2009, 04:43 AM) View Post

That sucks man I got the last update that's D 2.08507xxxx I think, so if I was to get that last update from M$ my Jtag is gone but you said stuck in a backup of Fairytale Fights while still offline, the game loaded (yay), stuck in Liberty City Stories, game loaded (yay). So I put the system all back together, then sign online.. "Your system has been banned"

With your backup game in ?

NO so it's the NAND is holding information then sending it back to M$ because NAND can hold information with out Power.

Playing it offline noting will happen, but if you where to put your drive back in that was never flashed just the original that you got the DVDkey off and play a Original game noting would happen I say because the NAND can hold information with out Power, there's over writing the information that was in there before updating the NAND before connecting it to the internet.

I will be trying this after I get my Benq drive, this one is going to be flashed with 1.61 to play backups all on a Memory Card.

Then taking out the Benq drive putting the Original back in then playing the Original Game with A HDD that never seen a Hacked drive or a Memory Card that it might of used after I killed all power to the device and updating the NAND with new information that's from the Original drive before going online and I say I'll be fine.

Whats Stopping M$ like they did on Xbox1 ?

Issue is I disconnect the sata from the Xbox everytime I rip a game with xbox left on and AV in.

#222 coedshowers

coedshowers

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:hacking :x
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(notmyrealname @ Nov 8 2009, 06:24 AM) View Post

I may have the answer for these bans:

1: my cousin was downloading Left4Dead 2 Demo and halfway through it it just froze and Boom: ban...
@ 1600 eastern time, he's got Lite-on 1.51 and he never checks his games, he has the Facebook/twitter beta, and his data was being corrupter days before the ban, so maybe they can only check while you transferring data at certain times.

2: "this is my theory, and the reason for my loggin name",.... maybe they have some idiot @ M$ headquarter going through forums like this one matching loggin names to gametags. thus the erratic bans.

does anyone banned in here have a gamertag that has never been used as a nickname in any forums?

the 2nd one about microsoft reps is sound the admins should look into who all registered within the weeks of the ban and the weeks before and give out the ip addresses so we can see the range and see if any come from the cities microsoft has bases setup.

yes i know ips change but the range will still show the origin of it aka 98.178.148.XXX = oklahoma.... the hotel i'm at anyways.. and so on so the "range" would tell us where the accounts came from...
i mean if you want to follow through with the theory.

this is just basic stuff getting into the database and getting the admins to pull the info if they even keep records is the hard part.

Edited by coedshowers, 08 November 2009 - 06:39 AM.

#223 jokersan4

jokersan4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:35 AM

Just got banned a few minutes ago when trying to sign onto play a session of L4Dead with a mate! So apparently the banwave is still going on strong. Benq 1.6 (Arcade with HDMI and 20 GB refurb HD from Microsoft), United States, btw. No gamerhacks or modifications outside of firmware flashing.

Have only had Live Gold for a little over two weeks (playing a couple hours every day), so I don't know if that qualifies as a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination. Only played Wave 3 or below games tested (but not patched) by abgx360, with the exception of Tekken 6 (via activation disc) which I've played for the last two days offline. I highly doubt T6 or activation is the "trigger," though.

In any case, hats off to Microsoft! They're doing their proper job protecting their assets, and I have nothing but respect for that -- I would do the same in their position. No hard feelings!

I do hope we somehow deduce Microsoft's "secret process of elimination" for the good of users in the future, though.

Edited by jokersan4, 08 November 2009 - 06:42 AM.

#224 the soul poet

the soul poet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(icet62 @ Nov 8 2009, 05:30 AM) View Post

This may sounds dumb saying it but is there any chance it has something to do with the disc PFI checks. Say someone burns a disk and doesn't get the booktype setting correct and it gets burned as just a DVD+R DL disk instead of coming out as a DVD-ROM type of disk. I'm completely new to this but thats one thing I never hear about people talking about when it comes to there backup copies. I also thought that I read somewhere at first the hacked firmware used to have the booktype set to DVD-ROM but they changed to to boot with either booktype. One thing that people could do is take there burnt disk and check them out on there computer and see if all of there games are booktyped as DVD-ROM or not and see what happens.

The idea of the fw is to hide this from MS$ but if there was an issue with this then some people may be in trouble. I use Pioneer 212D and it auto book-types to DVD rom.

I do wonder about the size of the images though. Remember an image with splitvid shows up as 7.29GB an image without shows as 7.05GB, the idea of the FW is report right data anyway, however maybe M$ has found ways to report wrong size. Original disc has video on both partitions like splitvid, could explain why none of my systems banned since 2007 ban wave, there is my input.

I know it isn't supposed to be an issue but just to check can u all report if using splitvid or not?

Edited by the soul poet, 08 November 2009 - 06:49 AM.

#225 troublebreathing

troublebreathing

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

I also have had a good amount of my customers say they pretty much only played madden.
I must say that i think if there are poison pills, madden is definitely one of them.. but there are definitely more than one. One guy i modded only played Ace Combat 6..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users