#1051 animere

animere

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

c4eva sounds like a retard in my opinion. Many Many reps to c4eva for developing the firmware in the first place but unless we works for the department responsible for detecting cheaters then he cannot say his firmware is undetectable is complete bull. I know people who have played games early without verifying and they're not banned but people who never play early and scan 2+ times with abgx and have been banned. If microsoft can download the firmware they can develop a way to detect it, it's as simple as that. If you change the code it can be detected. Unfortunately it suck.

#1052 prmaster

prmaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(animere @ Nov 13 2009, 04:41 AM) View Post

c4eva sounds like a retard in my opinion. Many Many reps to c4eva for developing the firmware in the first place but unless we works for the department responsible for detecting cheaters then he cannot say his firmware is undetectable is complete bull. I know people who have played games early without verifying and they're not banned but people who never play early and scan 2+ times with abgx and have been banned. If microsoft can download the firmware they can develop a way to detect it, it's as simple as that. If you change the code it can be detected. Unfortunately it suck.

He said they cant READ the firmware directly, that doesn't mean
they have not found a way to detect the firmware.

For example there have being speculation of microsoft sending
a query for the dvd drive, the original & hacked firmware will
respond differently no matter what game you have in (original or cracked).

That just speculaton right now but it could easily be the cause.

c4eva may already know his firmware is detectable but he stand by his statement
that M$ cant read the firmware.

The firmware is the only common factor of all banned consoles so i think it much
be it, either the firmware or a major hole in abgx or the way we burn backups.

But whatever the case, whatever the bs, let give thanks to c4eva

#1053 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

Interesting exploit to unban a console, for newbies out there.

unsure.gif

#1054 Canard-WC

Canard-WC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

lol

#1055 Superfawkes

Superfawkes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:29 AM

well i just got hit by the overwhelming power of the banhammer. and here i was thinking i was gonna overcome it as its been 2 full on weeks and i was playing online (borderlands and retail mw2) since. guess not though.

Got a question about HDD. I KNOW a lot of people are asking these questions as ive been reading forums nonstop since oct 30th. But i dont know on how to go about using MY HDD on my bros LEGIT console. I mean when he goes to use HIS HDD on it, will it cause some sort of problem? I dont know, seems weird to have 2 HDD's licensed to same console, dont know if that would be a proper cause for flagging it? thanks and sorry for yet another HDD question..

Oh and btw here are my specifics...

Your Location: USA
Your drive: BENQ
Your Firmware: IXTREME 1.6
MFR: 10-18-2008
When you were banned: November 12, 2009
Did you play games before the official release date: Nope
Were all your games Stealthed checked and patched: Out of 5 total, 4 were level 2 and 1 level 3.

Never played backup Wave4 (only retail MW2).
Never used activate.iso

Edited by Superfawkes, 13 November 2009 - 06:40 AM.

#1056 Joselo630

Joselo630

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Nov 13 2009, 05:00 AM) View Post

Interesting exploit to unban a console, for newbies out there.

unsure.gif

Could you please tell me the page number for the exploit?

#1057 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Joselo630 @ Nov 13 2009, 12:42 AM) View Post

Could you please tell me the page number for the exploit?

? I linked directly to the post. Just follow the link to see the video demo, then grab the files in the links. blink.gif

#1058 tonybologna

tonybologna

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:sports,hunting,fishing,video games,etc.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Nov 13 2009, 12:55 AM) View Post

? I linked directly to the post. Just follow the link to see the video demo, then grab the files in the links. blink.gif

How cruel to the newbies out there! tongue.gif

#1059 Joselo630

Joselo630

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

Definitely cruel for nOObs! biggrin.gif

#1060 Wozz

Wozz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE(Joselo630 @ Nov 13 2009, 04:28 PM) View Post

Definitely cruel for nOObs! biggrin.gif

lmao
serves em right

they learn valuable life lessons by doing shit like this to them

#1061 rrburkha

rrburkha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Big_Alex @ Nov 12 2009, 09:19 PM) View Post

me and my buddy got banned. both on 1.6, dident play games before release, no wave 4. What got me thinking is the banning wave has something to do with the wireless network adapter. A friend of mine just connects a wire from his laptop straight to the 360, and he hasn't been banned since. I know its some far out theory, but maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the wireless adapter.

interesting, i haven't been banned yet or flagged (checked on xbox.com using repair page) and i have never used the wireless adapter.

#1062 brunoheart

brunoheart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Xbox 360 Live Ban Wave Update

Since Microsoft’s latest ban wave, all of the Xbox’s currently in my apartment have been banned. I could sit here and speculate as to why this has happened for hours but all you have to do is check one of the multiple 100 page+ threads around the net about the latest ban wave from MS. There is, however, hope for the Xbox 360 modding community. According to an IRC chat from C4Eva there is a new, undetectable firmware that is being developed specifically for the Lite On drives with no current time frame on when this will be released:

( @[X]nWo[X] ) [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!
.:23·40·37:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask eta = ban
.:23·40·40:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask question = ban
.:23·40·45:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) liteon will be 1st

( @[X]nWo[X] ) we ripped 40+ ntsc games
( @[X]nWo[X] ) at least every 3rd didnt verify :c
( @[X]nWo[X] ) with a properly ripped ntsc
( @[X]nWo[X] ) so the db = defn has problems
( @[X]nWo[X] ) madden 10 is a prime exampke
( @[X]nWo[X] ) example

Sorry. ixtreme all versions is/are detectable or their behavior is detectable therefore hence a new FW is being worked on. For those with ixtreme I would advice no further use of 360 until this firmware is released. Until then, god bless 360scene. No technical data was being as to WHY its being detected all of a sudden.
For those thinking this is a lie:
http://img69.imagesh...3962/picz54.jpg

So it seems that many different factors have been the cause of all of these bans. Even if the firmware was undetectable, the abgx database is somewhat flawed as well. There has been another post over at the xbox scene forums by someone who supposedly works for MS, but this has been unconfirmed although it does bring up some interesting points:

“I will post in here and hope my identity is not compromised as I will get into severe trouble

this is what i do. i am xbox live checks manager and i am the guy who helps run through the data being sent to xbox live that has been flagged for banning and was also discussed a very long time ago of what will “bring down all modified xboxs”

i myself have an xbox that has been modified because i think it is a crime what they do charging so much when the games dont even cost microsoft half of what they are getting
anyway. we have found a way to read the firmware. the nxe update has allowed us to do a check on the current firmware installed on the dvd drive

the reason this was not flagged was because the code was not active. as you might have heard it was discussed about a “self destruct” code embedded in the nxe update and even before that. this was that code it wasn’t a self destruct code but actually a check that was done on all drives

this check was begun when the update was to “prepare for the last.fm facebook and twitter” this in fact was the code sent out to begin checks on ALL xboxs

these checks would send us information on the firmware written to the drive not the exact kind but we did a extensive form of hash check on the drive and could actually find out if it was modified in anyway

this was particularly easy on the lite-on as it was actually manufactured to serve for this purpose as our testing model

we will not ban all consoles at once and yes all information about you has been collected a long time ago

we have THOUSANDS of xboxs reporting bad checks meaning modified firmware. not all people will be banned and all the bans are done at randomn times

multiple checks have been done over this amount of time so we could asure the modified xboxs were truely modified and not just returning corrupt data
i am sorry i did not com forward with this information sooner but this information has been critical to the cat and mouse game

this check was also done back in the xtreme days if anyone remembers that when c4eva had to rewwrite it to allow the checks to come back clean well this must be done again
sorry all for the bannings but it is a natural process and I wish you all luck and hope you do not get banned

if you do await the new firmware that is begin developed and cheers to you all you wanted to know it now you got it

With everyone around the Xbox 360 modding scene going crazy lately, I think its safe to say that no one is safe even if all of your games have been verified. Those who have not been banned may be banned at a later date or may never been banned at all. Although all of our Xbox 360’s have been banned, one of ours still plays on live. It occasionally gets an e74 error code but we are able to temporarily fix it every time by using a heat gun. It had been off for about a month and a half and when we plugged it in last night it allowed us to play Call of Duty: World at War on live. I checked the console’s serial number on Microsoft’s support site to request service but it says that the console has been banned for being modified. I guess we’ll see how long it lasts.

#1063 sandeman22

sandeman22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:04 AM

lies, lies, lies dry.gif dry.gif

#1064 RelaXXinG

RelaXXinG

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

I have a question, first about the current situation:
  • I haven't been banned yet (according to the xbox repair site)
  • I haven't been on Live since July 24th
  • So I haven't downloaded and installed the twitter & facebook update

Is it save for me to play stealth games (wave1&2) offline?
Since I haven't downloaded an update from xbox live since the last 3 months..

#1065 RelaXXinG

RelaXXinG

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

(I mean of course the latest update to make the 360 ready for the twitter update)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users