2 replies to this topic

#1 Trampisjr

Trampisjr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hey guys,
I just got my xbox 360 for my bithday (which is today Nov 8th lol) and it has the latest frimware update (1.6) and I was wondering how I put movies and such on the harddrive. I dont really care to much about steaming video from my pc to my xbox 360, Id rather just have on on the hd of the xbox, but how do I do that.I have been working with a transfer cable and trying to figure it out but cant. I searched up and down for hours on the internet but I cant find out any info other then steaming video.
Is that my only option?

Plz h elp, any info you can give me or point me in the right direction would be great..Thanks guys

Oh and I hear that they are banning the modded xbox 360's quite a bit now, which sucks.
I guess Ill wait to try to connect to that, I dont want my harddrive going boom boom. lol

Trampisjr

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

You cant put movies onto your hard drive. All you can do is stream them from your PC.

The only way to get movies or TV shows onto your hard drive is to buy them from the Live Marketplace.

Only Sony lets you copy movies to the consoles (ps3) hard drive and play them.

Edited by Ranger72, 09 November 2009 - 02:50 AM.

#3 blong579

blong579

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

you can put movies on a thumb drive and play them on the 360. an external usb hdd may also work. its needs to fat or maybe fat32 file system. ntsc wont work. for some video files youll need to onnct to live and get the update atleast once. thats how i watch my movies from an 8gig thumb drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users