ghettoc401

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

I have a chipped 1.0 xbox that works fine over component cables, but doesn't work over composite ones (yellow white red). I have tried setting all of the HDTV resolutions to no in the MS dashboard, I tried the Enigmah Video Changing disc, I tried reflashing the bios on the xbox (just incase it was a bios set to only display in hdtv and I forgot), but nothing seems to be able to get it out of showing on the component cables only.

I see that when I connect it to composite cables there is a single blue vertical wavy line across the screen as if the video it is outputting is not supported, but I can't get it to display anything more than this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance to any help, I'm really stumped here =/

#2 fithwum

fithwum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:43 AM

one of the things i can think of is that it might be the cable that you are using.
have you tried using a diff video cable?
if you have tried that then it might be either something with your AV port or the video chip itself.

if it turns out that it is the video control chip then you might need a new box but i don't think that is the case since you say that using the HDTV cable it works.

i hope this helps.

#3 ghettoc401

ghettoc401

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the help. This weekend I'll open it up and check underneath the board and see what I can find. I've tried 3 different component cords, and they all work and I have tried about 5 different composite (one was a RF adaper) cords and none of the 5 worked. I think it just may have died, and it sucks because I soldered a mod chip in there, so if I buy another one I would have to de-solder everything and that would be a pain. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users