DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

So my friend has an XBox that hasn't been banned. Reading among some of the threads that said if you went to try and initiate a repair you'd get the "54420" return URL from the website.

Problem is when we register the console it says that console is already registered. He did buy it used and before we flashed it, it had RROD'ed on him. He called M$, registered his console through the phone and got it back a few weeks later.

We are trying to see if his XBox is flagged to ban or not.

Any ideas on what to do? Call and see or what? Not sure which direction to go in.

Edited by DemisesAngel, 09 November 2009 - 09:05 PM.

#2 kipper2k

kipper2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

You're SOL. Only the registere owner can initiate repairs with M$. so you won't be able to check

QUOTE(DemisesAngel @ Nov 9 2009, 09:04 PM) View Post

So my friend has an XBox that hasn't been banned. Reading among some of the threads that said if you went to try and initiate a repair you'd get the "54420" return URL from the website.

Problem is when we register the console it says that console is already registered. He did buy it used and before we flashed it, it had RROD'ed on him. He called M$, registered his console through the phone and got it back a few weeks later.

We are trying to see if his XBox is flagged to ban or not.

Any ideas on what to do? Call and see or what? Not sure which direction to go in.

#3 DemisesAngel

DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Reading is obviously not your friend. He had it repaired once, so it obviously is registered to him because when you talk to them on the phone they want all that information...So, I'm back to my original question.

Thanks, but better luck next time.

Edited by DemisesAngel, 09 November 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#4 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:23 AM

Ugh, Microsoft's website is terrible with this kind of thing. Under one of my email addresses I had three xboxs registered. One day all three were gone, for no apparent reason. They were still tied to *something* as when I tried to re-reigster it was unable to do so.

I think the only way you can find out is by calling M$. Unless your friend is unsure which email address he used for the repair. Regardless the M$ website thinks it's tied to something, so the only way to fix it is call.

Also, what is with all the noobs answering questions with blatantly wrong answers?

Edited by rastaman108037, 10 November 2009 - 06:25 AM.

#5 xboxdelisi

xboxdelisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

Thanks, but better luck next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users