• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tzuriel

Tzuriel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

Anyone connected their xbox via wireless?

I'm trying to use netgears ME101 (etherbridge) and connect to my airport basestation and not having much luck.

So I was wondering what other wireless configurations people were doing, what was working really good in performance, etc... My xbox is about 20 ft away from my accesspoint (airport basestation) but there is an 8" concrete wall between the two, though *I think* I still get decent signal strength when using my powerbook.

I have (though not quite working yet between the accesspoint and bridge due to marketing hype of compatibility of 802.11X) ...

cableDSL modem -> NetgearFR314 -> Airport Base Station - - - - > Ether Bridge ME101 ->XBox

Any ideas much appreciated.

#2 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:37 PM

I'm not a fan of netgear.. or dlink, or the lucent crap. I've worked with and on all of 'em and hands down nothing beats the linksys for home use. Get yourself the WET11 or the G model whatever that is. Oh and I don't know how many things are called "airport" but if you're talking about the mac airport I actually like that too, its quite reliable and plays well with linksys and cisco devices. So the problem child is probably the netgear.

Edited by mrRobinson, 26 June 2003 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users