dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

This is for anybody who wants to hear my quick story on why you shouldn't enable the G drive in the UNLEASHX Dashboard as it will cause a bug sooner or later after an "X" amount of games backed up. I don't know if there is a LEGIT and a much proper way to fix this bug, but this is how I solved and have proven to fix this bug.Here's my testimonial:

After backing up many of my xbox games to my HDD I noticed I still had 66GB worth of HDD space on my G drive. I used UNLEASHX Dashboard as my main dash and used the "Copy Game Disc" option for all of my games. It runs flawlessly and copying speed is much quicker than the program "DVD2XBOX". I had a lot of Xbox games copied successfully until one day......I went to back up Silent Hill 4 the strangest most weirdest and still unexplainable thing happened. After copying Silent Hill 4(using "Copy Game Disc" option), I went to go boot up the game and right away I get a dirty disc error to no avail this has happened to me to other games I thought I could still back up even though the disc was pretty beat up. So I delete the backed up folder of Silent Hill 4 and I felt like playing a game..... I boot up XBMC and go to my XBOX games and I see a few missing pictures that I know were replaced with their box cover respectively. I go and click on one of those games that was missing their picture(when you click on it it's supposed to read the default.xbe that it creates when backing up your game) and I don't remember which way it happened(long time ago) it was either it didn't want to boot anything, it went to a black screen and froze, or it just restarted my xbox and booted up to UNLEASHX. The same thing happened with the other games that had their pictures missing after booting them up. So now I was very concerned.....

#2 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:30 AM

I went into my file manager and went to those game folders I booted up and shockingly every single file inside those folders were WIPED OUT, DELETED, GONE. I didn't understand why like I said I had 66GB+ of space and there was no reason why nothing that weird should've happened. I couldn't think of any possible reason other than the fact that maybe that dirty disc error or something with Silent Hill 4 corrupted other game folders? IDK so whatever now I had to back up those games again and to make a super long story a lil shorter I did back them up again and the same shit happened again this time to 2-3 more different Xbox games that were backed up. Deleted off the drive AGAIN and now I was getting frustrated because this meant everytime I back up a game after an "X" amount of times it was going to randomly delete others? UUGGH so I left the problem alone did madd research online and couldn't find any solution at all. So time passed on and one day I was fiddling through SID(Softmod Installer Deluxe) to see what cool homebrew stuff and programs they had. I clicked on Settings and then Storage and looked at all my drives to check how much space I had. I was about to leave the screen until I saw the words "Ng Orange" on the G drive line. I never saw this before and I now have something to refer about when going online about this problem. I did just that and found some other people with the same problem but no solution on how to fix it....

#3 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

I tried to switch the F and the G drive around(Meaning all apps, emulators, and media stuff was going to be on the G drive and all the Xbox games on the F drive). This was going to take a long time copying and I wanted to see what would happen. So I grabbed my N64 emulator folder and moved it over to the G drive and all the files inside the N64 folder DISAPPEARED and there was this one corrupted file, GONE FOREVER. Now it was officialy that the G drive had been corrupted somehow, someway and it's all because of that "Ng Orange" shit. Now to skip along to the FIX and how I did it lol. I re-downloaded UnleashX Build 584 and overwrote all the xml's, the xbe, and whatever else. I booted up the Xbox and everything was replaced successfully. I went to my storage(In Settings) and didn't see the "Ng Orange" anymore. I still had my doubts. There was also that option that by DEFAULT is not enabled and that is the G drive. I knew in the other UnleashX that I had I enabled that option. So this time I chose not to just to see how this would turn out. I backed up one of the games that got deleted and this time it created a folder called Games on the F Drive(Remember G drive isn't enabled so the next biggest HDD by default is the F Drive) and had the name of the game folder in there as well. Everything copied successfully but I didn't want my Xbox games on my F drive so I went into file manager and MOVED the Game Folder(There should already be a Games folder on your G drive from before if and when you copied a game to the G drive) over to the G drive Games folder and everything copied successfully. Now the moment of truth.....

I booted XBMC went to my xbox games and VOILA! waddya know no other games RANDOMLY deleted. Just to be safe and not count my chickens before they hatch, I copied the rest that were deleted the same way I copied the other one(onto the F drive and then moving then to the G drive) and IT WORKED! Nothing got deleted everything is safe and sound. The only problem is you have to do an extra step by after backing up your game to the F drive you have to manually move it back onto your G drive(unless the F drive is where your Xbox games are defaulted to copy on). This is how I did it and it hasn't gave me a problem ever since. Just make sure you look at the storage in SID and NOT in UNLEASHX to see if "Ng Orange" is on the G drive line. If it is then you enabled your G drive in UNLEASHX and it is now bugged/corrupted. You need to replace your UNLEASHX with a newer one which can easily be found using google(Please don't ask me where to get it) and most importantly:
*********>>>>>>>>>DO NOT ENABLE THE G DRIVE IN UNLEASHX EVER!<<<<<<<<<*********
Sorry for the long story and multiple posts but it was necessary and I truly believe if you read thru all the posts you will either have had the same problem as I did or now will know how to avoid the problem before it happens to you next. If there was already a fix for this problem I apologize I don't have the time to read through 200+ topics to find out. Alas, this was as detailed to the core as possible I don't think there should be any questions about this fix. If you do have questions about this problem ONLY feel free to send me a PM and I will answer it to the best of my knowledge. Happy Holidays everyone and keep the XBOX MODDING SCENE ALIVE!

Yours Truly,
-Dnyce

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Sounds to me like the hd was not formated correctly. I have G enabled and has been for years without an issue. Make sure you formated the hd with the right size clusters. Corupt data usually comes from this or the drive is too full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users