kingprawn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

I though I would post about the sky player on the Xbox 360 in case some of you are wondering if it is worth checking out.

This is aside from any connectivity problems you might be having I am discussing content and cost.

I am not a sky subscriber and I have had the player since launch day because I am in the dashboard preview.

So I have signed up to the entertainment pack only (no movies/sport) and this normally costs 15 per month .

for that I get a handful of live channels (This is excluding movies/sports)

G.O.L.D
Sky Real Lives
Sky Arts 1
Sky Sports News
British Eurosport
ESPN Classic
Sky News
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
History
Eden
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Disney Channel

These are live but quite often when something is being broadcast that they can't play for legal? reason you just get a "This program cannot be displayed on Sky player".

Then there is the option of on-demand channels which include

Rush
Sky One
Bio
Sky Arts
Sky Real lives
History
Crime & Investigation
National Geographic
Nat Geo Wild
Baby First
Baby TV

However as I do not have a normal sky subscription for me to watch 95% of the on-demand programs they want me to pay 0.98 per program (on top of the 15 I have already paid for the player "subscription")
At the moment it is not possible to buy a single sports event you either pay for the extra sports packs.

I think Sky has really missed a trick here for non-sky subscribers. Nobody is going to pay 15 a month and then still pay 0.98 every time they want to watch anything from Sky 1 or Nat Geo on demand.

I will be cancelling my subscription as soon as the intro deal has run out.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users