• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 danielbb

danielbb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

I have just turned my console on and microsoft want me to update before i can log on to live, i was on yesterday fine, and was fully up to date. Is this update the update disabling consoles?

If it is, im thinking of restoring my original firmware first with my original gta game in the drive, you never know it might prevent my console getting banned lol.

Any thoughts biggrin.gif

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

If your on the ban list changing it now wont help at all.

#3 fark_liam@hotmail.com

fark_liam@hotmail.com

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

You could try mate, if you have been flagged for playing games early then you may run the risk of still getting a ban. Nobody knows if its the latest update or the one prior to it that can detect the modded firmware but if its the latest one that does then you should be fine if you restore the original firmware before installing. Just wait till lite-touch comes out before going on live with modded firmware again

#4 danielbb

danielbb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Thats what im thinking if this update is the culprit i might dodge a ban lol. I will be restoring the original and then updating.

Im not really bothered, i barely went online anyway, i only really used gta online and that is genuine.

#5 jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(danielbb @ Nov 11 2009, 12:14 PM) View Post

I have just turned my console on and microsoft want me to update before i can log on to live, i was on yesterday fine, and was fully up to date. Is this update the update disabling consoles?

If it is, im thinking of restoring my original firmware first with my original gta game in the drive, you never know it might prevent my console getting banned lol.

Any thoughts biggrin.gif

im not aware of any updates today, havent seen anyone else reporting one, was it a dashboard update or did it only show up after launching a game? if it only showed up after launching a game it was a gmae update only, if it showed up as soon as you logged into live without launching a game it was a dashboard update did you already get the October 28th dashboard update before today??

#6 ajennice

ajennice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

as long as you've not been flagged, doing this will aviod the hammer.... or I know 3 guys that are real lucky so far.

Also if yo've got any ACmods/ anything that runs off the main power or the dvd power.. remove them. Go stricktly OEM if you're going to try this.

#7 jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(ajennice @ Nov 12 2009, 12:16 AM) View Post

as long as you've not been flagged, doing this will aviod the hammer.... or I know 3 guys that are real lucky so far.

Also if yo've got any ACmods/ anything that runs off the main power or the dvd power.. remove them. Go stricktly OEM if you're going to try this.

i have a few leds soldered to the motherboard.....im not even slightly worried about that though, there's no way they are going to ban a console because the power draw is a few milliamps different...they have so many board revisions out there and there's no reliable way for them to detect and report this accurately enough to even consider banning consoles based off of that....wont happen

#8 ajennice

ajennice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

please read this and make your own assumption
http://www.maxconsol...ws&newsid=23808

He was banned for having a 12v fan mod. Though I do not know the drain comaprison from LED's and his fan, I would just say are the LED's worth $199.99

If you're into rewiring your LED's just take them off the board and afix them tot he chasis, use a transformer and a regulared relay. runt he trans into the relay and have the Led's ont he out. Splice a turn on wire from the OEM fan wiring tothe relay and when you turn onthe console the fan signal will close the relay and let the transformer power the LED's

Sound hard but it isn't. And cheaper than a new console

#9 danielbb

danielbb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

im not aware of any updates today, havent seen anyone else reporting one, was it a dashboard update or did it only show up after launching a game? if it only showed up after launching a game it was a gmae update only, if it showed up as soon as you logged into live without launching a game it was a dashboard update did you already get the October 28th dashboard update before today??

Nope, no game was in, i tried to connect to live on the 11th and it said there was an update, though i had been on live the night before. I still havent logged on live lol.

Someone said you can check a ban by trying to register a repair online?

#10 danielbb

danielbb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

The repair site says request succesful, does this mean im not banned yet biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users