aLuCaRD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2002 - 02:08 PM

Ok, reading over the board on my lunch break I see alot of comments about troubles with the Enigmah chips, is it just me or am I correct..? Im just curious which chip to reccommend especially now with the eject/reset issues currently with the new chips..?

#2 rzyzzy

rzyzzy

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 June 2002 - 01:45 AM

I've installed enigma and an extender - both work fine for playing backups - i think the reset thing is an issue with homebrew software, all I can say is that both chips seem to work well, and the install wasn't bad on either one - remember - 15 watt soldering pencil, and the thinnest solder you can get at the shack. - and of course, take your time...
Good luck!

#3 DeMOnS

DeMOnS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 June 2002 - 08:35 AM

I think that there have been a few 'rouge' chips both from Xtender and Enigmah, but its the same with ANY electronic device, theres always a certain % of faulty goods.

The only difference with a mod chip is that because they are mainly being DIY fitted you can never quite be sure if its your chip or your installation until you get another chip and it works wink.gif

Many people have fitted both types with good results. I personally have been given machines to diagnose that have had chips fitted that have worked for hours/weeks and then just 'stopped' but these seem to be in the minority.

Both chips currently shipping have the same 'problem' with ejecting so even that doesnt separte them.

Personally I think that they are both as good/bad as each other and choice is normally based on price and availability.

#4 aLuCaRD

aLuCaRD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2002 - 12:14 PM

In my system I have the very first XTender so I dont have a problem, but personally I perfered installing XTenders, I try to get them for anyone wanting them as I found the Enigmah a little too small for comfort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users