1 reply to this topic

#1 jimm120

jimm120

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

I have an old Modded 360 with a 20gb HDD. Its modded. 5 months after buying it, the started banning and I never logged in again. Nonetheless, it broke 6 months after I bought it and I tried to fix it. Couldn't. So, I sent it in to MS and THEY fixed it. They sent it back to me and I noticed after 1 use that it was still the same console. So, I sitll have it. I barely use it but I DO gets some backups every once in a while (2 - 3 a year) to play on it. Just want to give some backstory.

Anyway, I am using that modded (but not banned) 360's Hard disk on my new, Jasper 360. Couple of questions:

1 - Can my new Legit Jasper 360 be BANNED if I use the modded 360's Hard Disk on it? I've played online twice already since the bans and nothing.[b]

2 - Can this "saves/gamertag" corruption still occur if I use my hard disk to play on the modded 360 and then back on the legit 360?

3 - Can they ban my modded 360 even though I don't put it online...but I DO put on the hard disk, which I guess might have the "virus/program" that bans you?

Question #1 is the most important to me. The HDD does have save files from modded 360's backup games but that's it.

PS: I tried to search but couldn't. Kept getting an error. THANKS to anyone that can answer.

#2 DemisesAngel

DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

The basic understanding is that as long as your XBox isn't banned you'll be able to use your HDD on that XBox or any other XBox that isn't banned.

It changes however, when you do get banned you'll have two choices.

1) Keep using the HDD on the banned XBox and your saves and gamertag will be corrupted as soon as they are used or loaded.
2) Switch it directly to the unbanned (unmodded) XBox without loading anything up and nothing, except maybe the gamertag, will still be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users