Photo

Why Do Modded Drives Need Upgrades For Each Wave, But Not Stock?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zoltrix2590

zoltrix2590

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

I guess i dont fully understand how these waves work..

If a modded drive needs to be updated to play different backups with differnt waves, then why doesnt this have to be done on stock drives..

#2 murdock2577

murdock2577

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(zoltrix2590 @ Nov 13 2009, 08:52 PM) View Post

I guess i dont fully understand how these waves work..
If a modded drive needs to be updated to play different backups with differnt waves, then why doesnt this have to be done on stock drives..

i guess...cuz the original firmware....doesnt need to do all the stealth checks that ixtreme does

#3 zoltrix2590

zoltrix2590

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

Ahh alright that makes sense. So each iextreme update is just to allow the new waves code to pass.
The legit fw allows all legit games, while the cfw has to be more strict to stay hidden.. cool

#4 murdock2577

murdock2577

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(zoltrix2590 @ Nov 13 2009, 09:09 PM) View Post

Ahh alright that makes sense. So each iextreme update is just to allow the new waves code to pass.
The legit fw allows all legit games, while the cfw has to be more strict to stay hidden.. cool

couldn`t have put it better myself ...glad to be of help

#5 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

stock firmwares don't have to lie to the colsole like ixtreme does. when a drive lies, its just like a real lie, u have to keep building on the lie (updating) untill your console realizes that his kid is really yours and bans your ass from xbl.

Edited by iateshaggy, 13 November 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#6 samberg

samberg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

not "cool" man.. checking the integrity of the dvd has no place in the firmware of the xbox 360. it's there because of c4e's stubbornness. and it cost us 1 million xboxes. i'm willing to bet all those if-then statements in the firmware caused enough dvd read delays for MS to detect us in an instant. many have asked for proper versions of firmwares, but all we got was stealth. maybe he works for MS, maybe he has lots of retarded friends ripping xbox games with roxio, maybe he mods xboxes on craigslist and realized the extra revenue potential, or maybe he's just stubborn.

hopefully this new "lite" firmware means no stealth check crap.
checking the integrity of the dvd belongs in the ripping process.

*obligatory statement expressing gratefulness to c4e*

#7 WBones

WBones

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(samberg @ Nov 13 2009, 01:52 PM) View Post

not "cool" man.. checking the integrity of the dvd has no place in the firmware of the xbox 360. it's there because of c4e's stubbornness. and it cost us 1 million xboxes. i'm willing to bet all those if-then statements in the firmware caused enough dvd read delays for MS to detect us in an instant. many have asked for proper versions of firmwares, but all we got was stealth. maybe he works for MS, maybe he has lots of retarded friends ripping xbox games with roxio, maybe he mods xboxes on craigslist and realized the extra revenue potential, or maybe he's just stubborn.

hopefully this new "lite" firmware means no stealth check crap.
checking the integrity of the dvd belongs in the ripping process.

*obligatory statement expressing gratefulness to c4e*

Actually the iXtreme firmware would have most likely sped up any reads to the drive. Keep in mind that although he adds security checks in there (to stop people from playing bad rips.... how dare he!) he also removes a great deal of the ones in the stock firmware.

People modding their Xboxes to play backups is what cost us 1 million Xboxes. Dont want to get banned? Dont mod. Simple as that

#8 me2611

me2611

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

Left 4 dead 2 is wave 5, Wave 4 was only out a few weeks ago,Is it not possibel for the fw to allow all waves instead of whats looking like to be frequent updates.

Edited by me2611, 13 November 2009 - 09:35 PM.

#9 kimimaro27

kimimaro27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

There's already custom firmwares that don't perform stealth checks and can play even newest waves. If you have older drives (all except lite-on) you can use Extreme. Or use ixtreme 1.6 and use activation disc for bypassing the stealth check.

Great for playing offline because no need to upgrade to newer firmwares. But don't use those f/w s to XBL !! Instant ban for your console.

#10 ShomieG

ShomieG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

hey guys, just to point something out... LT will not be performing stealth checks on games on startup when u put the disk in the tray... its been confirmed by a number of people and i think c4eva himself that, that was the cause of the bans... and as one of the people in this thread pointed out that "delay times are made" that is not true... its just the actions of the stealth check that it performs where Visible to M$.... Lt is going to be more of a look-a-like to the original fw.... kinda like the old Extreme firmwares... but this one is even better because it will have more protection included in the firmware and challenge response actions that we did not know back in the Extreme days by looking at xbins Live Logs. --Not trying to start a flame war.

All the best,
--ShomieG

#11 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(me2611 @ Nov 13 2009, 03:27 PM) View Post

Left 4 dead 2 is wave 5, Wave 4 was only out a few weeks ago,Is it not possibel for the fw to allow all waves instead of whats looking like to be frequent updates.

The new firmware when it comes out will no longer even check the wave. This means that it will load all future wave revisions.

#12 SignGuy

SignGuy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(kimimaro27 @ Nov 14 2009, 02:35 AM) View Post

There's already custom firmwares that don't perform stealth checks and can play even newest waves. If you have older drives (all except lite-on) you can use Extreme. Or use ixtreme 1.6 and use activation disc for bypassing the stealth check.

Great for playing offline because no need to upgrade to newer firmwares. But don't use those f/w s to XBL !! Instant ban for your console.

What other firmwares for which drives (besides 1.51 for the hitachi) play all waves without a activation disk?
I dont play online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users