• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bear Patrol

Bear Patrol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:03 AM

I want to swap the broken benq in my xbox with another benq. I am just going to put the key and firmware from the old one on the new one. Will I be at risk of being banned? I am assume that I will be ok because i don't have to spoof the drive.

#2 OmegaSix

OmegaSix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

Is the drive your replacing flashed with Ixtreme or is it stock? If the original drive has never been modded you should be ok to flash the new drive with your old drives key.

#3 Bear Patrol

Bear Patrol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

No, I am not going to put any modded firmware on it. Do I have to flash the new drive with old firmware or just the key?

#4 OmegaSix

OmegaSix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Extract the key and firmware from the old drive as it will be identical to the new drives firmware. Flash the new drive with the stock firmware with the old drives key. Also, it is possible to get banned doing this. No guarantees.

#5 shivadow

shivadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Bear Patrol @ Nov 15 2009, 05:03 AM) View Post

I want to swap the broken benq in my xbox with another benq. I am just going to put the key and firmware from the old one on the new one. Will I be at risk of being banned? I am assume that I will be ok because i don't have to spoof the drive.

Dump the firmware from the broken BenQ and flash it straight to the new BenQ. No fiddling about needed. Only if you use a different make/model you will need to mess with the key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users