• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:25 AM

OK, i follow the instuctions here http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=24&t=35010
attatching the wire in teh controller to the 1st and 4th prongs on the back memory card thingy. Then soldered the extended yellow wire to the 2nd from the bottom on the power eject circuit board. i can turn the power on with the controller but it wont work for turning the controller off. The main reason i did this was to be able to reset it so it's almost useless to me like this. I'm getting very annoyed right now cause i've been doing this for quite some time. Aslo as a not, on the controller i have the circuit completed by pressing down 2 momentary switches instead of one, in case i hit one by accident, but i dont think this is the problem cause it works to turn in on. Does any one have ANY help for me? thanks a lot guys

thomes08

#2 Killa200

Killa200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:33 AM

not to make u look stupid (i'm not implying this) but u are holding the buttons down for around 5 seconds to turn it off?

Edit: noticed u said u were using 2 switches instead of one, nah, that shouldn't affect it any

Edited by Killa200, 27 June 2003 - 12:35 AM.

#3 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:58 AM

no i wasn't, but i just tried that now and it didn't do anything. Why, is that what i am supossed to do?

Could it have something to do with maybe 2 of the points touching one the on off board? I had to do it three times to get it to turn on because i sodlered two of the points together on accident and when i plugged the power in it would just turn on without pressing anything. But i dont think anything is touching now, at least not the same 2 points that were before. I dont think it has anything to do with my work inside the controller i made sure that was clean and if it turned it on i think that part is right. This is very frustrating for me, i spent a long time and burned the fuck out of my hand with the soldering iron cause i was getting anxious and careless. SO now my hand hurts like hell and it's not working right. thanks a lot for any help you give me

thomes08

#4 uziq

uziq

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 June 2003 - 01:52 AM

for starters.. my switch is built into a memory card, and it uses the 4th and 5th wires (not the 1st and 4th). So you should try switching yours.

another thing is the switch should be instant. no need to hold it down at all. I don't know why Killa said 5 seconds. I've never heard of that before.

and I like the idea of have 2 switches as a failsafe. smile.gif
but maybe you should just use one until you figure out what's wrong.

#5 zero_signal_69

zero_signal_69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 03:40 AM

ya I agree with uziq, I think once you switch it to the 4th and 5th wire it will fix your problem. I was having the same probelm until I switched the wires smile.gif

#6 Killa200

Killa200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 03:44 AM

my xbox won't turn off without holding the power button for 5 seconds, thats why i said that, wink.gif

#7 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:25 AM

cool thanks guys i'll try that in the morning. I wonder why in that tut i used it said 1st and 4th... hmmm... oh well i'll give that a go tomorrow and get back to you guys. thanks a lot

thomes08

#8 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:39 AM

wait... do you think that will work because my switch is not built into the memory card it it connected to the bottom on the memory card reader (the back one). i'll give it a go i guess if no one replies but please do if you know anything, thanks

thomes08

#9 uziq

uziq

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:00 AM

hmm.. that tutorial shows Controller-S, so maybe that's why it's pins 1 & 4.

in any case, it shouldn't matter if your switch is in the controller on in a mem card. the pins are the same in both places.

#10 zero_signal_69

zero_signal_69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 02:48 PM

mine is attached to the back memory card slot, not the memory card itself

#11 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:12 PM

my controller is a controller-s. I'll try doing pins 4 and 5 right now and let you guys know if that works
thanks

thomes08

#12 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:32 PM

oh hell yeah that worked! Thanks a lot guys!!!!!

thomes08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users