#46 DarkEvilKen

DarkEvilKen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

A little off topic:

Could I not extract the Nand.bin of a banned console and non-banned console and write to the banned console's NAND with the non-banned .bin after changing it's cpu/dvd key?

Banned NAND -> PC
Non-Banned NAND -> PC
Edit Non-Banned NAND with an HEX editor
PC -> Banned NAND

May not "Unban" the banned console. But will it not at least heal it's HDD Crippleness?

#47 ccfman2004

ccfman2004

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

I thought the banned ID list was for people who were game save sharing, not for live bans.

Also, could this prevent gamesaves and gamertags from getting corrupted when switched to a non-banned console?

#48 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:39 AM

Now what if they decide to release an update, but your console is banned, so you run it via DVD, CD, Flash Drive, etc, and in that update, it checks the 360 to see if it's been banned or not, and if it is, it disables the HDD Install that way, because you set the NAND to write enabled? blink.gif

You're better off not updating it at all after you've been banned and saved your HDD Install feature.

#49 Surazal

Surazal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

I believe this will work as an alternate point. This shot is from the underside of a Falcon motherboard. Directly underneath the NAND.

IPB Image

And you can restore NAND without CPU key, which does restore the HDD install functions - Just needs to be a recent backup pre-ban:
http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4567518

Edited by Surazal, 17 November 2009 - 06:45 AM.

#50 ccfman2004

ccfman2004

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(Paperstack.1 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:39 AM) View Post

Now what if they decide to release an update, but your console is banned, so you run it via DVD, CD, Flash Drive, etc, and in that update, it checks the 360 to see if it's been banned or not, and if it is, it disables the HDD Install that way, because you set the NAND to write enabled? blink.gif

You're better off not updating it at all after you've been banned and saved your HDD Install feature.

They would then have to include the live banned console IDs in a banned console list.

QUOTE(Surazal @ Nov 17 2009, 06:42 AM) View Post

I believe this will work as an alternate point. This shot is from the underside of a Falcon motherboard. Directly underneath the NAND.

IPB Image

And you can restore NAND without CPU key, which does restore the HDD install functions - Just needs to be a recent backup pre-ban:
http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4567518

Can you test the 2 points with a continuity meter to make sure they are indeed the same points?

#51 Surazal

Surazal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:47 AM) View Post

They would then have to include the live banned console IDs in a banned console list.
Can you test the 2 points with a continuity meter to make sure they are indeed the same points?

I did test the points with my ratshack meter. That is why that point looks like it's been beaten.

#52 DarkEvilKen

DarkEvilKen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:37 AM) View Post

Also, could this prevent gamesaves and gamertags from getting corrupted when switched to a non-banned console?

If you're talking about this mod then no, your saves won't get corrupted. It would perform as if your system was never banned/crippled. Because it was write protected, your system won't even know that it was banned. That is to my best knowledge.

#53 Kevin Sydney

Kevin Sydney

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(Surazal @ Nov 16 2009, 09:55 PM) View Post

I did test the points with my ratshack meter. That is why that point looks like it's been beaten.

awesome job finding that, it will make this mod a lot easier for the faint of heart

QUOTE(Paperstack.1 @ Nov 16 2009, 09:39 PM) View Post

i think it only messes up your hdd instals when it initials tells you your banned, if you do an offline update, i doubt it will redo the check/disabling.

#54 DarkEvilKen

DarkEvilKen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(Surazal @ Nov 17 2009, 12:42 AM) View Post

So I guess there is not alternative point on the same side of board. Now people will complain about the trouble of having to take out the board from the casing. Not being able to work on it without flipping the board.
dry.gif

But still, Good job!

QUOTE(Kevin Sydney @ Nov 17 2009, 01:00 AM) View Post

think it only messes up your hdd instals when it initials tells you your banned, if you do an offline update, i doubt it will redo the check/disabling.

Not that your statement does not sound convincing, but we don't know that for sure. I'm sure one of the already banned users could confirm that with us?

Edited by DarkEvilKen, 17 November 2009 - 07:05 AM.

#55 nhoj_yelbom

nhoj_yelbom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:03 AM

awesome info

#56 Kevin Sydney

Kevin Sydney

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:16 AM

This guide looks like the right one for reading/writing the nand chip.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=690493

#57 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(DarkEvilKen @ Nov 17 2009, 12:01 AM) View Post

So I guess there is not alternative point on the same side of board. Now people will complain about the trouble of having to take out the board from the casing. Not being able to work on it without flipping the board.

I'm not complaining, but the job of flipping the board looks more intimidating to me than soldering to that leg (something I've done before on the Wii). I'm actually semi-tempted to dremel out the underside of the aluminum casing. Stupid question I'm sure, but where are the ground points? Can you bridge to the casing?

#58 Kevin Sydney

Kevin Sydney

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(DarkEvilKen @ Nov 16 2009, 10:01 PM) View Post

Not that your statement does not sound convincing, but we don't know that for sure. I'm sure one of the already banned users could confirm that with us?

the only for sure way to make sure you dont fudge up your hdd install is to follow the instructions on the link above, and dump your nand chip data.

QUOTE(Toddler @ Nov 16 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post

I'm not complaining, but the job of flipping the board looks more intimidating to me than soldering to that leg (something I've done before on the Wii). I'm actually semi-tempted to dremel out the underside of the aluminum casing. Stupid question I'm sure, but where are the ground points? Can you bridge to the casing?

look for a black wire somewhere and solder it to that tongue.gif

Edited by Kevin Sydney, 17 November 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#59 ccfman2004

ccfman2004

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:31 AM

I'd rather flip the board over as I have done that numerous times in several attempts to fix my RRoD console.

I don't have the steadiest hand but steady enough for the alt point but not the Flash leg. I have installed modchips to Wii's before and always avoided the legs of the drive chip.

#60 DarkEvilKen

DarkEvilKen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Toddler @ Nov 17 2009, 01:17 AM) View Post

Sorry I didn't mean to target you nor even realized I offended anyone. I cannot agree more with you about taking the board out of its casing.

I guess you could use the plates around the screws (The board should be common ground). Please someone correct me if I'm wrong before anyone fries something.

QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ Nov 17 2009, 01:31 AM) View Post

I'd rather flip the board over as I have done that numerous times in several attempts to fix my RRoD console.

I don't have the steadiest hand but steady enough for the alt point but not the Flash leg. I have installed modchips to Wii's before and always avoided the legs of the drive chip.

I need a better solderring iron. What's a good fine tipped, good heat, fair priced iron I can get. Don't want a soldering station, just a regular wall plug one.

Edited by DarkEvilKen, 17 November 2009 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users