dirtydrama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!!!!!

BUYERS BEWARE I SENT HIM TWO XBOXS ON NOVEMBER 15. NEVER GOT THEM BACK. HE GAVE ME FAKE TRACKING NUMBERS AND ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT APPOLOGIES OF WHY HE FORGET TO SEND THEM OR WAS TO BUSY. THEN HE CLAIMS THERE NOT FIXED. I TOLD HIM TWO WEEKS AGO JUST TO SEND THEM BACK. AND HE WOULDNT DO THAT EITHER. AVOID AT ALL COSTS SEND THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR WANTS PROOF I CAN FORWARD YOU ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM GMAIL. THIS GUY IS A REAL SCAMMER THANKS AGAINN FOR STEALING FROM MY KIDS CHRISTMAS YOUR A GREAT PERSON

#155 TheRealKTFO

TheRealKTFO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(dirtydrama @ Dec 29 2010, 11:24 AM) View Post

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!!!!!
BUYERS BEWARE I SENT HIM TWO XBOXS ON NOVEMBER 15. NEVER GOT THEM BACK. HE GAVE ME FAKE TRACKING NUMBERS AND ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT APPOLOGIES OF WHY HE FORGET TO SEND THEM OR WAS TO BUSY. THEN HE CLAIMS THERE NOT FIXED. I TOLD HIM TWO WEEKS AGO JUST TO SEND THEM BACK. AND HE WOULDNT DO THAT EITHER. AVOID AT ALL COSTS SEND THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR WANTS PROOF I CAN FORWARD YOU ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM GMAIL. THIS GUY IS A REAL SCAMMER THANKS AGAINN FOR STEALING FROM MY KIDS CHRISTMAS YOUR A GREAT PERSON

This is the first complaint I've seen about guy?? Everyone else seems happy with the service..

#156 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Ok Mr dirtydrama. When you send me a console the time estimation is based on the information provided to me. The console with broken traces was obviously not the way it was explained. When this happens I have to move on to other repairs to keep my deadlines with my other customers. If the situation would have been correctly explained before you sent it out this could have been avoided. Your consoles will be shipped first thing in the morning.

Thanks

#157 closer1000

closer1000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

I wasn't going to get involved, but I feel a need to jump in here. I also had some major issues. I screwed up flashing my NAND and sent it in to have it fixed. Also, my ethernet port was broken and I requested an estimate for repair. Went with un0pen because he had good comments here and advertised a quick 24-48 turnaround time. Sent it out November 15th along with my payment via Paypal. On November 24th, he told me it was all fixed and will be shipped on the 25th. I asked him about the ethernet port and he told me he'd look into it. On November 27th, he told me he could repair my ethernet port for $25, so I sent him that via Paypal. He told me it would be repaired and ready to ship back on November 29th and I asked him to confirm when it was actually dropped off for shipping. I didn't hear from him on the 29th, so on December 2nd, I e-mailed him asking him what the status was an he told me he shipped it the night before (Dec. 1st). On December 7th, I still hadn't received it (we're both located in NY, so I didn't think it would take long), so I e-mailed him asking for a tracking number. I got no response. E-mailed him again on December 9th. Got a response saying the post office sent it back to him and that he was re-shipping it that day (the 9th) provided me with a tracking number. Tracking number didn't work, so I asked him to confirm it. He told me he was now shipping it on the 10th. On the 12th, the tracking number still wasn't working, so I e-mailed him again. Got no response. E-mailed him again on the 13th. No response. E-mailed him on the 14th (nearly a month after I sent it) and this time basically just asked if I was being ripped off so I could at least just stop waiting for the non-existent delivery. He responded saying he would look into it. He looked into it and the tracking number magically worked (I'm assuming this is when he actually shipped it). Finally arrived on December 17th (32 days total, not 24-48 hours). When it arrived, it worked fine, but the ethernet port that I paid $25 to have fixed was still broken. I e-mailed him on the 17th asking what the deal was. Got no response. E-mailed him on the 18th. He told me the ethernet port failed again after he repaired it. I'm not sure why he didn't tell me this prior or refund my $25 automatically. I asked for my $25 refunded and he said he would on the 18th. On the 20th, still no refund, so I asked him again since I literally have no money. Got no response. Considering it takes two seconds to refund a person on Paypal, I didn't see what the delay was. Filed a claim with Paypal on the 21st and THEN I got a response. Received the $25 back on the 22nd.

I'm laying this all out because, look.... I don't have a problem if someone makes mistakes. I was super understanding over all of this. But there's only so much I'm willing to deal with, especially when he advertises a 24-48 hour turnaround time (the reason I went with him in the first place). In the end, he did a good job, but it took way longer than expected. If he's busy and doesn't have time to do this, then he shouldn't do it, or at least charge less, or at least give a heads up. If he was just up front about everything, I wouldn't have had that much of a problem. Instead, I ended up waiting for the post office to deliver my 360 from November 20th until December 17th, never sure when it was coming, rearranging my day so I'd be around to sign for it (I live in Brooklyn... you do NOT want to ever have to pick anything up at the post office here). It was just totally inconvenient and I would have been way more understanding if he just said, "look, I'm really busy and I'm anticipating shipping your 360 back on December 15th." I wouldn't have been happy, but at least I would have known when to expect it.

So I fully agree with dirtydrama here. I would definitely think twice before sending him anything if you need it back quickly. On the other hand, if you live near him and can do business with him in person, I think he does good work and would recommend him then.

#158 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

You have to understand this was the busiest time of the year. I am so busy because my work is that good. I ordered Christmas gifts from multi million dollar corporations on the internet this year and they were behind as well.

Honestly, it just comes with the Christmas season. So believe me, its not just me. Everybody gets jammed up this time of year. Ofcourse when you have situations like Mr dirtydrama's console that just delays everything even more in an already busy time.

Anyway, I am back on track and have been working diligently to keep up with demand.

Thanks

#159 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

Bump!

#160 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

Bump! Happy New Year!

#161 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

Glad you got your situation resolved. Btw, how did you manage to get it to boot without a working Ethernet port. I remember back in 08 when my customers' network port got damaged due to a faulty NME 2.0 install, the console would not boot. It kept throwing E76 error. network chip related. So, how did you bypass that? Just curious.

#162 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Jan 5 2011, 12:26 AM) View Post

Glad you got your situation resolved. Btw, how did you manage to get it to boot without a working Ethernet port. I remember back in 08 when my customers' network port got damaged due to a faulty NME 2.0 install, the console would not boot. It kept throwing E76 error. network chip related. So, how did you bypass that? Just curious.

Thanks! I appreciate that! The E76 error is usually a problem with the solder connections to the ICS chip or the ICS chip itself. Reflowing the ICS chip with flux/leaded solder or replacing the chip with flux/leaded solder repairs the error. His network port was non functioning because the port itself was faulty which doesnt produce an error in some if not most cases.

#163 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:42 AM

Bump it up!

#164 uN0pEn

uN0pEn