Photo

Anybody Else Make The Short Jump Here After Being Banned?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Joeseph Mother

Joeseph Mother

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

Pissed at M$ for banning me, so now I get to hang out in the ps3 forums, sold my banned box and took M$'s advice to "buy a new system", just probably not the one they wanted me to buy. I know people will tell me I deserve it for modding my console, I say BS, I only modded my system after I had a ridge put into madden 08 by the crappy hitachi drive in my old 360, bought a new one and modded it so I could copy all my own games. If they want to ban me from playing copied games, fine, I'll use my originals, but to ban my console when its never seen a pirated game pissed me off enough that I'm jumping ship and not looking back.

So for my question, am I the only one pissed enough to leave the 360 completely?

And while I'm finally making a post, any good sub $100 controllers with the analog stick where it is on the 360? And any plans to have chat available in-game while playing online?

Thanks for reading my rambling.

#2 evolancer276

evolancer276

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(Joeseph Mother @ Nov 19 2009, 05:36 AM) View Post

Pissed at M$ for banning me, so now I get to hang out in the ps3 forums, sold my banned box and took M$'s advice to "buy a new system", just probably not the one they wanted me to buy. I know people will tell me I deserve it for modding my console, I say BS, I only modded my system after I had a ridge put into madden 08 by the crappy hitachi drive in my old 360, bought a new one and modded it so I could copy all my own games. If they want to ban me from playing copied games, fine, I'll use my originals, but to ban my console when its never seen a pirated game pissed me off enough that I'm jumping ship and not looking back.

So for my question, am I the only one pissed enough to leave the 360 completely?

And while I'm finally making a post, any good sub $100 controllers with the analog stick where it is on the 360? And any plans to have chat available in-game while playing online?

Thanks for reading my rambling.

nope im doing the same, leaving M$ for a realible system, the PS3. I decide f**k M$ with there over charged hd's, wireless devices..ex the only reason i bought an xbox from the start was because all my friends had them and i didnt know anyone that had a PS3, but know since the price drop 2 of my friends are picking one up and so will I and wont miss the 360 one bit

Edited by evolancer276, 19 November 2009 - 10:36 PM.

#3 azuziel

azuziel

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

Not alone. biggrin.gif

#4 karim_ps

karim_ps

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

me too ,i have 4 x360 ,one banned and 3 are fine,M$ sucks overpriced accessories ,RROD ,a very high failure rate ,XBL 65$ hhh lol ,noisy ,media playback compatibility sux ,
i have bought a fat ps3 80 go 3rd generation 2 weeks ago ,sine then never turned the f**ckBOX on ,PS3 is COOL smile.gif .

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Don't believe the PS3 is without any problems. Although the reliability is better they still die. Mine just did. having to jump through hoops waiting for the morons at continuous play to sort it....which they will as I have paid it for over 2 years now.

#6 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 21 2009, 11:39 AM) View Post

Don't believe the PS3 is without any problems. Although the reliability is better they still die. Mine just did. having to jump through hoops waiting for the morons at continuous play to sort it....which they will as I have paid it for over 2 years now.

What went bad with it?

Been through multiple 360's, but I'm still running my original 60gb ps3 biggrin.gif

#7 slimdagreat

slimdagreat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Nov 21 2009, 01:28 PM) View Post

What went bad with it?

Been through multiple 360's, but I'm still running my original 60gb ps3 biggrin.gif

I'm making the jump as well. I was a loyal PS1 and PS2 owner, but the ridiculous initial price tag forced me to go the cheap route and buy an RROD 360, pay $40 to get it fixed, and use that.

Now I'm selling all my 360 stuff and buying a PS3, even though I'm well aware they suffer from the same problem that forced me to go through 3 PS2, disc read errors, in addition to the YLOD and other errors......but those pale in comparison to the 360 and its myriad of problems.

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Nov 21 2009, 06:28 PM) View Post

What went bad with it?

It boots beeps twice flashes the yellow LED and then simply blinks red. Modern Warfare 2 stuck in the drive as well. Sony said 6 weeks to return the disc that is stuck.
I sort of expected it was coming as the fan has been cutting in after around 10 minutes of play for the last couple of months.
Oh well it happens and it will be replaced under the continuous play warranty. Replacement within 48 hrs apparently.....when they finally approve the claim

#9 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:33 AM

I'm also on my second PS3 - mine ended up with video problems - video would cut out periodically for no reason... it was till under the 1 year exchange warrant with Bestbuy so I just swapped it out

...on another note, I still have my launch 360 - it RROD'd on me once, but I was able to repair it and its still going strong (repaired over 1 year ago....) So I guess its pretty much hit and miss on both consoles...

#10 yugluc

yugluc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Not all systems are perfect. Just try to go with the lesser of all the evils! lol.

My 360 is modded, but last time I played live was Burnout Revenge 2+ yrs ago. I've unplugged it for now and will play offline. So no idea if I'm flagged. In the meantime I've used a $100 gift card to get a PS3 Slim (My very first Sony system!) so I can play games like Uncharted and the odd MP like MW2.

When the walked in the door the wife looked at my modded wii, modded 360, and my DS with flash card and asked if I needed this. I replied "But we need a Blu Ray Player!" biggrin.gif

#11 quzar

quzar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(yugluc @ Nov 22 2009, 10:55 AM) View Post

Not all systems are perfect. Just try to go with the lesser of all the evils! lol.

My 360 is modded, but last time I played live was Burnout Revenge 2+ yrs ago. I've unplugged it for now and will play offline. So no idea if I'm flagged. In the meantime I've used a $100 gift card to get a PS3 Slim (My very first Sony system!) so I can play games like Uncharted and the odd MP like MW2.

When the walked in the door the wife looked at my modded wii, modded 360, and my DS with flash card and asked if I needed this. I replied "But we need a Blu Ray Player!" biggrin.gif

Same here. I have 3 360s 2 of which are jtaged with 1TB hdds. Getting a PS3 for blueray and the ps only games most of which are kick ass.

They are sold out everywhere so I got a 250GB one on backorder. I already bought over 500 woth of accessories for it and a bunch of games. Going next to my softmodded wii that also has a 1TB hgg. smile.gif

#12 col12

col12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

ive always had a ps3 but no games when i was banned from xbl i bought mw2 for the ps3 first game i really played i was dissapointed with killzone 2 so let the ps3 collect dust till the bann never looked back since mw2 since LT came out the ps3 has hardly been used a bit of god of war 3 it needs hacked so it can play rips

#13 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

wasnt banned, but i got a 360 after i already had 2 wii's and a ps3. i've started it up..i think about 3 times? some of the games are still in their wrappers. got them cheap at my old job. really have no desire to play dvd games or pay for online pay. if i wanted either of that id play xbox1 or wow. really thought they woulda cracked an payed sony watever they wanted for a new model with a bluray drive in it or an external..and made some form of free live account by now. guess not.

Edited by War_Machine, 01 May 2010 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users