• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pothb

pothb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

Are the DLC and 360 updates tied to the console, harddrive and gamertag? I'm fairly certain that updates aren't... but I want to be sure.

If the DLC are, what part of the console is it tied to? Is it the serial number?

#2 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Its only the dlc thats get signed to the console. I dont know if the serial of the console is being used. It would be smarter to use the cpu key. I think it would be easy to manually sign dlc if the console serial was used but im just guessing smile.gif

#3 pothb

pothb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

When i said serial number, I meant the nand, which I have no idea what it means cept for the fact that it's the console part that is being banned recently, or so it would seem as there was mention of switching nand with a non banned 360 to get it unbanned. Is the nand the cpu serial?

regardless, thx for the reply.

#4 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

No the cpu key is hidden in the cpu and the keyvault is hidden in the nand, wich holds all the info of your system (console serial key, mac adress ect). In order to retrieve the keyvault you need to decrypted the nand with the cpu key. The cpu key can be retrieved with the Jtag hack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users