• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Unsubmittable

Unsubmittable

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

I have been living in a fairly large 4 bedroom apartment for the past year and a half. Right now I have no problems streaming any of my movies, but the router is about 10 feet away from the Xbox. We currently have 4-5 Laptops, 3 Xbox 360's, 1 PS3 connected to the router (although not always running simultaneously). Like I said, no issues there.

I am going to be moving back in with my parents to attend college full time, and they have a 2 story house. The modem and router is set up on the 2nd story, almost directly about the living room. I have an Wireless N router, but the Xbox is currently plugged in directly. Will it be possible to stream media from the 2nd story to the 1st without any lag issues? Is the N good enough?

Also, modded Xbox's stream content fine don't they? You don't need to be on Xbox Live to access your network do you? Just using it as a media extender.

Anyone with input would be greatly appreciated.

#2 hawkolugy

hawkolugy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I have not had any problems and I am streaming from wireless n from my laptop and only g on the xbox and it streams content perfectly, not quite like xbmc but now that it plays xvid and divx its nice since I have the wireless router but I'm rambling... If the 802.11n xbox wireless accessory works as it should than that should be plenty fast, on paper its faster than wired unless you have gigabit ethernet, which the xbox 360 actually does and if your router is new enough to to support N than it does also so I don't know what I am saying (too much of the maryjane tongue.gif ). But yes it should not have any problem streaming high quality video....

Edited by hawkolugy, 21 November 2009 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users