4 replies to this topic

#1 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

ok 2 things i just softmodded my xbox for the first time and whenever i unplug it it goes back to the normal unmodded dash so is there a way to make it so it never goes back to the dash and also i tried ftp files to it but it didnt work the ips were the same and it wouldnt connect it was with a brand new crossover cable anyone know wat to do to get it to work is there something i hav to do to my computer to make it work please help thank you

#2 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

How did you softmod it? Need more info. It takes more than connecting to a computer.

#3 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

i softmodded it on the usb to controller memory card using a flash drive and the splinter cell exploit and do i need to change the ip address on my computer to make it work

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

I would say you have not placed any files on the xbox, that is why you get the msdash when you reboot. You have not modded the xbox, yet. You need to make sure once you have the temporary mod running that you are either DHCP or Static ip on the computer and xbox. If you are using a crossover cable, I am assuming you are not using a router which means you need to use a static ip. The temporary mod probly uses a static ip, so all you have to do is set your computer to static ip. To do this you need to go to Control Panel/Network Connections/Local Area (or what ever yours says), right click/properties/general tab. Scroll down to Internet Protocol and double click. There you will choose Use The Following IP Address and give a slightly different ip address than the xbox, one number up or one number down on the last digit in the address. Dont forget to change this back when you are done or you will not be able to access the internet. From here you should be able to connect to the xbox and upload the nessecary files.

Make sure you use Port 21, Username is xbox, and the Password is xbox.

What program are you using to FTP? I would suggest a little more reading on the matter.

Make sure that the mod you are using has a static ip before you do any of the above. If you use the info above make sure you set the computer back to Obtain an IP Address Automatically.

Edited by bearcreek, 23 November 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#5 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

ok thanks so much and ive read alot about it but could never understand it you made it simple ima try right now and yea it has a stactic ip and im using flash fxp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users