• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 raiden32

raiden32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

Myself like many others, have suffered from the recent ban wave; twice. After getting three boxes banned, and screwing over my local gamestop, I just went out and bought the new MW2 box. I hear that it has the un moddable drive in it, wich im not worried about because im sure its gonna get cracked eventully.

Ive been modding my boxes now for a couple of months, and this is the first ban "wave" ive experienced, I guess my question is, anyone have any guesses when it will be safe to start doing what we do again??

#2 WBones

WBones

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(raiden32 @ Nov 21 2009, 09:34 AM) View Post

Myself like many others, have suffered from the recent ban wave; twice. After getting three boxes banned, and screwing over my local gamestop, I just went out and bought the new MW2 box. I hear that it has the un moddable drive in it, wich im not worried about because im sure its gonna get cracked eventully.

Ive been modding my boxes now for a couple of months, and this is the first ban "wave" ive experienced, I guess my question is, anyone have any guesses when it will be safe to start doing what we do again??

Umm... ask Microsoft?

Nobody knows. Thats the risk of modding. Hopefully with the new firmware we can get another year or two out of it but nobody really knows

#3 raiden32

raiden32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

I guess what im looking for is people to speak up that they've modded their box within the last 2 weeks and report weather or not theyve been banned, I say this because when I bought my second used console from GStop, I was banned literally within a day, using i1.6. They kicker is even though I modded my box I hadnt even played a fackin burned game before I got banned agian. I was play a LEGIT copy of MW2.

I guess we'll know its safe when people flash their FW now, and can report back in a month or so weather or not theyve been banned.

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(raiden32 @ Nov 21 2009, 08:14 AM) View Post

I guess what im looking for is people to speak up that they've modded their box within the last 2 weeks and report weather or not theyve been banned, I say this because when I bought my second used console from GStop, I was banned literally within a day, using i1.6. They kicker is even though I modded my box I hadnt even played a fackin burned game before I got banned agian. I was play a LEGIT copy of MW2.

I guess we'll know its safe when people flash their FW now, and can report back in a month or so weather or not theyve been banned.

it seems that you have already proved the case that modded console on xbl is not safe

#5 WBones

WBones

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

In the General Hacking there is a post about Non-Stealth firmware and wether it is safe or not.

So far it appears that those who had stock firmware and had updated to the lastest dashboard update and then modded to a non-stealth firmware are safe from the current ban wave. Unfortunately there havent been many who have been running 1.4 non-stealth right from stock through the current ban wave but the few that have report no ban either. This does not mean these firmwares are safe. It just means they seem to be safe from the current ban wave and may very well be detectable in the future

#6 raiden32

raiden32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

WOW sorry I started the topic. You guys are missing the point.

What im trying to figure out is, is it true M$ bans in "waves" seeing as how I went 7 months with modded FW and didint get banned until this recent "wave". If they truly do ban in waves then its up to us as a community to identify when things cool down.

And I really appreciate all the help ive gotten from the intelligent and helpfull users, but is it really necessary for another person to Post " its not safe to mod" because to that I say NO SHIT! but there are more oppertune times then others.

And fuck off to the 3 ppl that PM'd me telling me that im stupid because its dumb to mod a box and then ask when its gonna be safe to resume modding FW again! mad.gif

QUOTE(WBones @ Nov 21 2009, 11:00 AM) View Post

In the General Hacking there is a post about Non-Stealth firmware and wether it is safe or not.

So far it appears that those who had stock firmware and had updated to the lastest dashboard update and then modded to a non-stealth firmware are safe from the current ban wave. Unfortunately there havent been many who have been running 1.4 non-stealth right from stock through the current ban wave but the few that have report no ban either. This does not mean these firmwares are safe. It just means they seem to be safe from the current ban wave and may very well be detectable in the future

Thank you Bones, that was the kind of answer I was looking for. I really appreciate it.

Im gonna buy another used box in about two weeks and try again. Cant do anyting with my MW2 box right now cause it has the new lite on drive.

#7 sini

sini

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Even if the ban wave stops it still won't be safe to connect your box because logging is going on all the time. You'll just be flagged for banning next time. Whether thats in a week or a few months is anyones guess. General rule is it will be before a big game release.

#8 raiden32

raiden32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(sini @ Nov 21 2009, 12:32 PM) View Post

Even if the ban wave stops it still won't be safe to connect your box because logging is going on all the time. You'll just be flagged for banning next time. Whether thats in a week or a few months is anyones guess. General rule is it will be before a big game release.

Thats exactly what I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I diddint know they had a flagging system, I thought that they just banned as soon as they saw it was hacked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users