3 replies to this topic

#1 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

EB Games are selling refurbished Xbox 360 systems with everything except hard drive for $99 and 1 year warranty for an extra $10 (In Canada Only as far as I can tell).
Just wanted to let people know so they can get a replacement system if theirs is banned or broken, from a reputably source and not have to worry about being scammed or getting a banned console.

I picked up one last night as to my surprise the date on the back of it was 2008-09-11 and has a HDMI port on it. I had to pre=order mine has they go fast.

They look new.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

EB games and GameStop are not all that reliable. You can still end up with a banned console.

A friend of mine got a refurbished console from EB games last week and it turned out to be banned. BUT he was able to take it back for another one.

#3 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Well I was just speaking from my experience and it was a great one with these guys. Everything looks new and works great.
Like you said you can take it back it is banned but I would just ask them to make sure before you take it home as my guy did, then there will be no problem.
They also have there own security sticker on it on the back to prevent tampering.

#4 insanityforall

insanityforall

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

I don't know if this is a national thing or just locally here. (some employee making a quick buck) If you go to a GameStop here. Purchase a used/refurbished one. Take it home, open it up to mod it. You have about an 80% chance of discovering you just purchased an xclamp modded console. Screw being banned, I personally could care less about that. Selling me an xclamp modded console- that's war!

You can buy a broken 360 on CL for $40(with cords etc...) Xclamp it, and sell it to GameStop for $90. $50 profit for 30min of work. No wonder so many people get screwed over from GameStop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users