2 replies to this topic

#1 jabba200

jabba200

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

I have two xboxes. 1st one is modded with modchip and has 250gb drive. 2nd is softmodded with stock drive. I want to swap the hard drives between the 2.

I managed to get the stock (8gb) drive working in the 1st xbox. I am having problems getting the larger drive installed in the softmodded one.

i backed up C and E drives from this xbox and made an eeprom backup using AID.

i have tried using xboxhdm to lock the drive but it keeps saying its frozen.

when i open the eeprom.bin backup from e:backup in liveinfo its all zeros.

the xbox is giving a error code 5 obviously.

is there any way of fixing this?

#2 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

You might just have a drive that isn't able to lock, which would explain why xboxHDM says it's frozen. Though don't give up, try some of the dos based locking utilities first and try locking using the password instead of having xboxHDM or another program extract it form an eeprom.

#3 frigusoris

frigusoris

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

I had the same problem with a drive being "Frozen" it turned out that it was my computer bios that puts drives into a frozen state to prevent accidental locking.

I got around it by turning on my pc with the hard drive unplugged, then let it boot to the xboxhdm first menu screen, THEN plug in your hard drive. As with any hotswap it can be risky, but there are members here who have done it hundreds of times without incident. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users