RetroGamer360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry If this is in the forum, here goes:

I bought an xbox that was already softmodded with EvoX M7. I have no MU or AR with it.

I wanted to replace the 8gb drive with a 250Gb which I have done sucessfully however I cannot see all of it, just an F: drive of 120GB.

I attempted to use XBPartitioner to create another partition but cannot get that to work, it does see 120gb of space which I can add under extended partitions but when i reboot all i see is the F: drive at 120GB which I could already see (G: drive is enable in settings BTW)

I think that to use the extra space I need to upgrade my bios to one that supports 48bit LBA, is this correct? And if so how can I do it considering it is already softmodded and I have no MU/AR.

Or can anyone recommend another way to get at that space?

Thanks for your time

#2 RetroGamer360

RetroGamer360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

Ok I have FTP'd Mech Assault to the xbox and the gamesave and re-run the exploit. I still cannot see the G: drive or its space sad.gif
can anyone help?

Thanks

#3 RetroGamer360

RetroGamer360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

Can anyone help me? Im going round in circles here sad.gif All i want is to see the extra space and I will be happy. Surely it cant be that hard, can it? huh.gif

#4 RetroGamer360

RetroGamer360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

I have Auto Installer Deluxe 4.5, Can I upgrade to EvoX M8 with that?

Thanks

#5 kolosus

kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm a n00b too... But I've been on and off this forum for a bit.

First thing you need to find out is what version of the xbox you have. 1.0? .2 .3 .4 .5 .6?

Next you need to know that the stock bios is not designed to recognize over 137gb of the hdd. What does that mean? With your softmodded xbox you wont be getting over the 120gb that you have for the F drive. The other space is for C, E and X, Y, Z.

If you want to use the full capacity of your 250gb hdd then you need to flash the onboard TSOP. What you're gonna flash to it, what size does it need to be etc can only be found out after you know what version you have.

Hope this helps, or puts you in the right direction. I realize this thread is old, older than when I first softmodded my xbox actually. Hope you're still around to read it. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users