• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Hi and thank you for reading this thread.

I was wondering if I need a connectivity kit for this drive in order to make my stock drive into a ixtreme 1.61 because I cant seem to get it into mode B. I cant seem to get this drive to work in windows using the via card or the mobo sata connectors. I have flashed a few xbox's before but they where all hitachi drives so I used slax to get into mode b in the past but I was not sure if that route will even work for this drive.

If I do need a connectivity kit what would you reccomend? I also have a lite on drive that needs a kit so if there is one kit for both that would be best but I really hoped I would not need a kit.

Thanks in advance I apreciate any help I can get happy.gif

#2 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Please help! Where is your spirit of XthanksgivingMAS

#3 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

I also tried using a VT6421 controller card but that card cant even see the xbox360 drive! At least my mobo SATA controller can see the drive at the bios screen but the so called VIA controller cant!

I am confused if only somebody could tell me if this drive *Requires* an adapter to get it in mode B or not that alone would save me allot of headaches!

Any help would be deeply apreciated!

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

No it does not require any connectivity kit.

#5 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:30 AM

Im stuck with a similar issue, JF isn't picking up on the drive and the Textbook tut says to remove a resistor but I cant figure out which one.

#6 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Aha, found the solution. screw JF I used iPrep and it worked first shot.

#7 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(whyexactly @ Nov 27 2009, 12:52 AM) View Post

Aha, found the solution. screw JF I used iPrep and it worked first shot.

I cant get iPREP to use firmware 1.61 what firm did you use ?

#8 OmegaSix

OmegaSix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

Let me guess, when you run Iprep and try to load 1.61 it says something like "No Valid Firmware Loaded"? You need to update the definition file for Iprep. Search Google for "Iprep 1.61 definition file" and something should pop up. All you do is d/l the file and replace the older one with it in the Iprep directory on you hard drive. Good luck.

#9 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

You probably need to remove the VIA software for Jungle Flasher to recognize the Samsung drive. I have two batch files to do this for me.

Hitachi Off.bat

C:
Cd C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
Rename viamraid.sys Viam_old_raid.sys
pause

Hitachi On.bat

C:
Cd C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
Rename viam_old_raid.sys Viamraid.sys
pause

When I am doing a non Hitachi drive I run Hitachi Off. This is my normal state so I don't reboot. If you change, you will need to reboot though. I have these on the desktop so it is easy to run either one.

#10 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(OmegaSix @ Nov 26 2009, 07:21 PM) View Post

Let me guess, when you run Iprep and try to load 1.61 it says something like "No Valid Firmware Loaded"? You need to update the definition file for Iprep. Search Google for "Iprep 1.61 definition file" and something should pop up. All you do is d/l the file and replace the older one with it in the Iprep directory on you hard drive. Good luck.

Thank you, I was getting that but found this other firmware, "samsung_ixtreme-thx_v1.6" that only gave me the option of stealth 12x in iPrep. Looking at it the file size is a lot bigger than the other FW's tho? (1,646k vs 63k)

#11 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

Thank you I will google iprep file now and see how things go. Just an FYI previously I used xbins iprep file and I asumed that was the latest version hence why I just dropped the iprep route and went with Jungle Flasher.

PS: thank you for the hitachi on/off idea too I will try that next if iprep doesnt go through!

#12 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

Ok my via card that I specifically bought for modding xboxes can't see the drive but my two other computers Mobos can. Only problem windows can't see the
drive and iprep says reboot the drive so it can find it but no matter how many times I do that it
never finds it.

#13 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

With the VIA drivers not loading, I can see the Samsung drives every time in JF. Did you install the other drivers that came with JF?

#14 onisama

onisama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Nov 27 2009, 03:58 AM) View Post

With the VIA drivers not loading, I can see the Samsung drives every time in JF. Did you install the other drivers that came with JF?

Yes I used the JF drivers but still no go. The problem is my Via addon card doesnt even see it at the pc bootup, but my mobo SATA can see it on both computers. Only problem is if I use my mobo then JF or iPREP doesnt see the drive.

#15 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

try switching the SATA port, and ensure all the ports are enabled in your BIOS. With mine I just made sure they were all enabled, then boot into iPrep. hit y when it asks if you want to keep sending the command (just follow what it tells you) and if it doesnt find it, power down the xbox, wait a sec, and change the port, power the xbox up, wait a sec, see if it picks it up.

Oh and don't forget to try another SATA cable, just in case the cable isn't working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users