gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

It is also a nice addition you will have with the new Madmab editions emus, so i notify it too

Having rumbles for our old classic games is now possible thanks to the xbox 1
(perheaps you have already try this feature with zsnexbox and the many rumbles i have created for >100 snes games)

Now with the Madmab editions emus a nice addition has appeared (maybe you have noticed it in the new mednafenx nes beta):
it is the "custom cheat database", when you are in the in game option menu and enter the "cheat code" menu, you can access the "search custom cheat database" and inside this list are all the rumbles available for the nes games -you can browse through them-. I'm in the process of completing as much stable rumbles codes for the major system now:
nes, genesis, pc engine, atari 7800, snes, master system.

imagine playing double dragon 2 on the nes and "feeling" each uppercut on the vilain's ugly face or feel the power each time billy or jimmy is being hit! or also try my superspike vball rumble, the pad willshake for every super power smash(you will really feel what a "kaboom is!)yeah, the rumbles are really bringing a new experience to discover again your old classics

coming soon:

all the custom database for each emu, basically you will just have to put this file in the emu root, and all the rumbles will be accessible via the cheat code menu
for now, ~50 major genesis titles have various rumbles codes now (the street of rage/golden axe/shinobi/sonic/castle of illusion/quackshot/etc!)

you will find them at Atariage forum like always (only website where i can edit my first post) wink.gif
http://www.atariage....-editions-emus/

p.s.: oh and for the one who doesn't like rumbles at all, don't forget you are lucky and madmab always let you the possibility to activate/desactivate each rumble separetly and also you can always adjust each rumble (motor strenght and duration)

#2 Xmodder deluX

Xmodder deluX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

I have to admit, your rumbles are very awesome gilles. I tried them in the nes beta and they add a very nice experience to the classic games. Thank you very much and good luck with the other systems. cool.gif

#3 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:51 AM

Excellent work Gilles9999.

#4 zorglub

zorglub

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

Options too little known but which provides a new feeling to the game you can not go back without once tried, thank you for such devotion ! love.gif

Edited by zorglub, 30 November 2009 - 11:04 AM.

#5 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:37 PM) View Post

imagine playing double dragon 2 on the nes and "feeling" each uppercut on the vilain's ugly face or feel the power each time billy or jimmy is being hit!

My youngest bro will probably have to change his shorts after playing DD2 that way. cool.gif

#6 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

great work man! pop.gif

xt-

#7 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

Yes...! This is what I have wanted for a long time. biggrin.gif
Thanks Gilles!

#8 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

lot of rumbles for almost 70 of the more popular genesis games completed!
my next step is pc engine now (pc kid serie, draculaX,dragon curse, shoot them up, etc...)

#9 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Nice job bud cool.gif

If you ever want a change of pace from rumbles, I know some generic boxarts that need your artistic ability. wink.gif

#10 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

Any chance of making those Genesis rumbles available, for testing purposes obviously ?

#11 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

only because it's you Cba.gy and because your hq genesis videos are great:

rumbles for nes genesis ans snes (14 december 09).rar

in this pack you will find a "codelist.inf" for nes (mednafenX nes) and genesis (neogenesis)
simply put the file in the emu root and you will have access to the rumbles database in the "cheat code" menu
(if you are a lucky owner of the future "madmab edition" neogenesis

for snes i have included the rumbles for zsnexbox, for this one it is different, you have to put the rumbles files in the "rumble" folder of zsnexbox and the rom name (ex "contra III.zip")
must match the .rmb file (ex "contra III.rmb") if it match, you will have rumbles

for each emu (madmab editions ones or nes6502 zsnexbox) YOU CAN always adjust each rumble separetly (adjusting the motors strenght and duration, or desactivate one rumble (so don't complain if one rumble is too strong for your own tastes rolleyes.gif )

so far i have done:

- various rumbles for ~100 of the major snes games
- various rumbles for 85 genesis games
- various rumbles for ~ 100 nes games

you will notice i have created ALSO the rumbles for BOTH 1player and 2player (it is always better to play nes, genesis or snes with a pal)

p.s.: all the rumbles i created are "stable" i mean they are created by a mathematically decreasing or increasing value (i haven't found them by luck or randomly searching with blind eyes)

It is just a nice addition, so simply enjoy them smile.gif or desactivate them mad.gif (it is a bonus) wink.gif

Edited by gilles9999, 13 December 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#12 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

FYI Gilles when I was working with rumbles I have found that the S controller acts differently from the old original Xbox controller (the bigger one). The older controller seems to require stronger values for the effect to be more obvious (stronger).

In case you didn't know this...

#13 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

yeah madmab,
He based his rumbles on the original big baby...

I personally find some of the rumbles to be too strong on the s-control, so I try to tone them down.

Hey...
Maybe 2 versions would be nice.
biggrin.gif

#14 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:16 AM

Thank Gilles9999, will test those later when the kids are in bed.
I use S-Controllers so i will see how strong they are.

#15 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

believe it or not, i created all those rumbles with a classic "black S official controller" in hands, and it feel ok for me.
I have also one "big baby" controller, but i never use it (i always hide it's ugly face under the desk)
But you all are right, the rumble feeling is really different from one controller from another (even on my official crystal S controller, the rumbles are a lot less stronger with the same values)
That's why all is ok and cool for us, we can adjust the motor strenght/duration of each rumble file

i highly suggest for genesis:

- battletoads: for both players when hit or being hit!
- contra hard corps: rumbles for both player, when you are hit and for each megabomb launched!
- earthworm jim 1 and 2: rumble for the machinegun! and also while being hit (believe it or not this rumble was especially hard to find ( the life values leads nowhere, i had to search for the jim sprite to appear/disappear hexadecimal value)
- mickey castle of illusions: when hit and also for each ennemy killed and the items you collect
- quackshot : when hit , items collected, etc...
- sonic series (1,2,3 3d, etc...): a slight rumble for each ring collected, funny
- story of thor (beyond oasis): you will "feel" the fights!
- street of rage 2 and 3: for both players when hit or being hit!
etc...

Edited by gilles9999, 14 December 2009 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users