10 replies to this topic

#1 Ozmotear

Ozmotear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

Heres the situation...

I haven't been online with my Xbox since August and I'm running the latest iXtreme firmware. All of my backups pass all the requirements via ABGX360, etc.

Last week my little bro came over from school break and spent the week playing CoD2, L4Dead and Rock Band 2 off the original DVDs.

So heres the rundown of "things to consider"
- The Xbox was updated off the CoD2 Disc.
- Haven't been Online Since August
- Haven't played a backup since the CoD2 "update"
- Don't plan on playing backups till the next firmware update.

Whats the likely-hood that after I re-connect I'm banned.

P.S. is the a database of banned vs non-banned consoles and the specific user data associated with each in order to determine ban criteria? If so where is it?

#2 compo22

compo22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Ozmotear @ Nov 30 2009, 04:35 AM) View Post

Heres the situation...

I haven't been online with my Xbox since August and I'm running the latest iXtreme firmware. All of my backups pass all the requirements via ABGX360, etc.

Last week my little bro came over from school break and spent the week playing CoD2, L4Dead and Rock Band 2 off the original DVDs.

So heres the rundown of "things to consider"
- The Xbox was updated off the CoD2 Disc.
- Haven't been Online Since August
- Haven't played a backup since the CoD2 "update"
- Don't plan on playing backups till the next firmware update.

Whats the likely-hood that after I re-connect I'm banned.

P.S. is the a database of banned vs non-banned consoles and the specific user data associated with each in order to determine ban criteria? If so where is it?

I am in the same situation i haven't played online since banning started and am unsure whether to ever connect to live again because of the risk of getting banned sad.gif

Edited by compo22, 30 November 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(compo22 @ Nov 30 2009, 05:19 PM) View Post

I am in the same situation i haven't played online since banning started and am unsure whether to ever connect to live again because of the risk of getting banned sad.gif

If you don't ever connect to live again then you are effectively banning yourself anyway.

#4 compo22

compo22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 30 2009, 08:49 PM) View Post

If you don't ever connect to live again then you are effectively banning yourself anyway.

The thing is i dont want to lose the ability to install games to the hard drive and being able to transfer profile and game save etc across without corrupting them.

Its just frustrating there is no way to check if you are banned without connecting the console to live.

#5 xrkahn76

xrkahn76

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

If you dont want to lose those features, then do as I and many others have, and disable live under family settings. You can do it while the ethernet cable is unplugged. Then you will not sign into live!

Now I still have all those functions, but only play on xlink or offline.

#6 compo22

compo22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 30 2009, 11:06 PM) View Post

If you dont want to lose those features, then do as I and many others have, and disable live under family settings. You can do it while the ethernet cable is unplugged. Then you will not sign into live!

Now I still have all those functions, but only play on xlink or offline.

I know your right its just me wanting the best of both worlds ie: having backups to play online as well as offline.

I have tried xlink and xbconnect but never been able to get connected sad.gif

#7 Rev666

Rev666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

Just assume you are banned like everyone else, you are not one in a million.
I have moved on to the PS3 for COD:MW2 online play and its great, best of all free. biggrin.gif

#8 Megaman0

Megaman0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

I've moved to PS3 with COD2 as well I don't like it...the controller is bad and the rooms feel so cold and empty (Basically like playing bots). Also whenever someone finally shows up with a mic there's like a 50% that the guy sings or yells crap through his mic.

I'm really missing XBL and that's saying a lot...but atleast it's free and that's a big improvement.

Oh and I haven't been online since september...

Edited by Megaman0, 01 December 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#9 thinisaz

thinisaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

phone up tech support to book a repair, skip all the crap about doing it online.

when on phone say you got an error and ask how much a repair is, its about 92 but that isnt important. keep talking and then say you want to book it, if they say they can book it say something like oh hang on my wife says not to bother at the moment but thank anyway' and leave the conversation. (YOU ARE NOT BANNED).

if they say 'im sorry but we cannot reapir that console' ask why, they may beat around the bush and try not to answer but keep pushing saying stuff and playing a little dumb and eventually they will tell you they cannot fix it beause it is in breach of ToS. ask what they mean if you want ( but keep playing the dumb card, not knowing breach of Tos is) and they will state its banned.

We have used this to save 2 xboxs from the hard drive install loss, however we did it with another console for a mate and got the response it was banned, he decided to risk it and was banned within about an hour of signing in.

#10 blipidy

blipidy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

i tempted fate today and tried signing into live for the first time in about 2 weeks. i actually had been on live a few times since the majority of the bans and since mw2 was released. never played mw2 or forza 3. did play borderlands at one point tho.

as soon as i tried to connect to live it popped up w/ the banned console message. its not a huge tragedy, but more of an inconvenience. figured since there is the ability to dump the nand and restore it to a previous one to reinstate the hdd install features i might as well give it a go. especially since if i was flagged previously, waiting for the new fw wouldnt erase those flags and i would still get banned.

now i just have to open the box up, solder the lpt connection to the board and proceed with the dump. altho i have to read up on it first. then off to the pawn shops this weekend to search for the newest replacement to use on live. i bought one a few weeks ago because i had a feeling i would be banned pretty soon anyway, turned out i picked up a jasper that has never been connected to live and is still on the pre 8xxx kernel, so i put that aside and am holding onto it while reading up on xell and the jtag hacks because the homebrew is looking promising

#11 friendlygiant

friendlygiant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

I have a modded console (latest firmware) that has never connected to the internet and I have disabled xbox live through "family settings - console control - xbox live access - blocked", will I get banned if I plug in my ethernet cable in to connect to xlink kai?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users