repset

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:35 AM

I used lawdawg's x clamp replacement tutorial successfully over a year ago. Recently I got the 3 red lights. I tried adjusting the screws tightness and overheating, tightening, cleaned off the thermal paste and added some fresh AS5 all with no luck. After redoing the thermal paste instead of taking 2 minutes to overheat and switch to only two red lights.. it took about 6 minutes. Since I've already done the replacement what else is there I can do to recover my xbox? Would I be better off having someone repair this for me for a fee?
If this is not the right forum to post this is in I am sorry. It's been along time since I've visited the site.

Edited by repset, 03 December 2009 - 05:38 AM.

#2 WorldFormula

WorldFormula

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

Overheating your 360 is actually bad for it, it can burn transistors that'll make it run hotter. Have you checked your secondary error code? An x-clamp fix might have not even been related to your problem, even though it probably was. For now get the secondary and we'll go from there.

#3 repset

repset

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(WorldFormula @ Dec 3 2009, 05:45 AM) View Post

Overheating your 360 is actually bad for it, it can burn transistors that'll make it run hotter. Have you checked your secondary error code? An x-clamp fix might have not even been related to your problem, even though it probably was. For now get the secondary and we'll go from there.

Well I screwed myself on that one.. I changed the ROL with blue LED's. I'll see if I can borrow my brothers xbox. I had it the other day but for some reason I never got around to it.

#4 repset

repset

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:10 AM

Well my brother never brought his xbox around so I decided to go with heat gun and it works perfect. For how long though I'm not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users