19 replies to this topic

#1 xygan

xygan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

So I wanted to un-gimp my recently banned (thanks M$! no wonder you doubled your thanksgiving console sales) 360. Before this most recent blow, my poor xbox was already on its last legs... RRO'd and fixed (thanks for the great tut!), fan died and replaced, hard drive crashed replaced w/ WD 120GB, and my old toshiba/samsung drive makes so much noise that every time it spins up and down my that dog runs away. This was the last straw. But I digress.
I looked high and low for a way to run Nandpro w/out having to install a windows 7 32 bit ver. or even all the way back to XP (and the driver hunt that would eventually ensue) just to read out the nand on my poor beaten and battered (but not down!) 360. Everywhere I looked I found the same thing; "run on XP or Vista 32". Even on the free60.org site ( http://www.free60.or...ading_out_NAND) they said that it wouldn't work. They were WRONG! ...But, probably right about everything else. So in searching the interweb I came across a guy having probs running a LCD (small kind like addons for old xboxes) from a parallel port on vista due to no Port95 proggies. But apparently some smart person made his own version to be ported to windows x64 Vista (and now I can say with it working, Windows 7 x64). Anyway after that long rant here is the link!

http://www.highrez.c...t32/default.htm

download the bin files at the bottom. Extract the files and rename the InpOut32.dll that's in the "\win32" dir to DLPortIO.dll
After that place the newly renamed file wherever you extracted nandpro and then run! I am currently running and backing up my nand now. Will report back with results. (better be success dammit) biggrin.gif

#2 effbee05

effbee05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

Wow that's awesome. Wonder if it would work with JungleFlasher also.

#3 blipidy

blipidy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:21 AM

going to keep an eye on this since i have win 7 x64 and xp on the comp in dual boot, but i want to start xfering things over and using 7 more now.
since my console's hdd was also just crippled, i need to do this as well. new mb doesnt have a lpt port, so i might have to buy the usb flasher for dumping the nand tho

#4 xygan

xygan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Update: It worked perfectly! I now am playing a game off the hard drive on my now uncrippled 360! biggrin.gif My well loved 360 & DVD drive might last a little longer now, though I've done nothing but baby it (well ventilated, hardly ever moved, etc.) ...Now if only I didn't have to use a paperclip to open the DVD tray (I said this was a battered 360, LOL!) tongue.gif

#5 selyb

selyb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

you are a life saver!
worked flawlessly, and didn't need to reboot biggrin.gif

#6 selyb

selyb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm not sure if it matters but I did install 32-bit port95nt before I even tried inpout

Edited by selyb, 30 December 2009 - 03:31 PM.

#7 SLAM-ER

SLAM-ER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for the tip, but I was totally unsuccessful flashing my nand with Win 7 x64. The updated file mentioned above (extracted to nandpro dir and renamed to DLPortIO.dll) got nandpro.exe to run and see my LPT port (and recognise my nand) but when i attempted to write to it I could not. It reported "error:40000000" for every single byte write attempt (and it took way longer for each than my XP machine). I tried the same command line and xbr.bin file on the XP machine and it writes perfectly with no errors unlike the Win7 x64 PC.

I have a Asus P5B-VM motherboard, Win7 Ultimate x64, and I have tried the LPT port mode set in the BIOS as standard, bi-directional, EPP (1.7), and ECP. All of which gave the same result (error:40000000 when writing).

I should have tried a nand read, but I didn't think of it (I was just updating from 8955_1 to 8955_3 so I didn't need to read anything as I already have my KV and config from last time). Anyway, I went back to doing it on the XP machine for now.

Cheers
SLAM-ER

#8 TBAYJ

TBAYJ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

this is how i worked around on w7 x64 also only one prob : it was really slow for me ..worked but took at least 2 hrs to write

on xp with port95 in ecp mode it takes me around 40- 50 mins

the new 64 bit port95 works with nandpro on w64 , that comes with the newest jungle flasher I think

Edited by TBAYJ, 10 January 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#9 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(TBAYJ @ Jan 10 2010, 05:54 AM) View Post
it was really slow for me ..worked but took at least 2 hrs to write

on xp with port95 in ecp mode it takes me around 40- 50 mins

I'm glad that you mentioned this. It also took me over two hours to write, and I didn't understand why until now because I was actually still flashing from Windows XP but I had left the x64 DLPortIO.dll in my nandpro folder from using it earlier on my Windows 7 x64 machine. Now it all makes sense.

#10 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

Working here, I'm dumping a Zephyr in Win7 x64, this and lflash will make it faster without having to boot xp.

#11 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

First Dump gave me bad blocks, from 0x200 to 0x3FF, don't know why but 2nd dump went totally ok, not a single bad block, lucky zephyr

#12 enkur

enkur

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

This was great I was able to get the dump on first try. Writing to nand as we speak. It does take about 45 min to read or write.

#13 shauno

shauno

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

Awesome stuff, mine takes 4:30 to dump 1mb, therefor id expect around 72mins for a full dump of 16MB. Not to shabby, no rebooting is worth it for me. Thanks for sharing

#14 Bush847

Bush847

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

I recently done my MBA and now days I want to do some online Microsoft certifications and I Found this online notes is a best helping source to get online accurate information which is more helpful for my preparation.

#15 moreniu

moreniu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Thank you sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users