• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kuulbots

kuulbots

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 10:34 AM

hi I installed a 120gb seagate hdd in my xbox and now I can't boot up the original msdash dash [using eject button instead of power] I get a screen with garbled green writing in spanish or something? huh.gif with a couple of black 05's over the top on the left [error code maybye]I think It might be saying something about not reconising the hdd but im not sure unsure.gif . the hdd works fine of the modchip, with evox. biggrin.gif but I can't understand why it [orginal msdash]doesn't work now, blink.gif as I copied all the original files back to C: & E: I used to be able to boot either dash before I installed the new hdd . I saw a file in the backup folder called hddinfo.txt that has the model No. & Serial No. of the old hdd on it with a couple of lines/strings below with letters & No's I checked it again & it still has the old hdd info would changing the model No. & serial No. to the new hdd' No's fix it or do I have to change the string of No's & letters below as well ?or has hddinfo.txt got nothing to do with my problem? I use a apple-x 3 modchip & evoxdash & xboxdash.xbe to boot from uhh.gif

#2 timber

timber

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 01:19 PM

Lock your drive

#3 gsharaf

gsharaf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:45 PM

Use ConfigMagic for this, it can be found on XBins.

#4 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:09 PM

drive must be locked. Slayers has configmagic, and you can find it around. It's an easy process. Yeah, the error screen has multiple languages with the error on it, but I don't know why it would be garbled... that's odd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users