Some info:
Drive: Liteon 74850C
Kit: CK3 Pro connected via USB + Probe
Sata: VIA VT6421A
Software: JF / DosFlash32
Drive powered through CK3
360 Mobo: Falcon

The problem:
A few days ago, I connected the power cable to my Liteon. It was detected in JF, showed the right properties.
Then, I switched the power cable for the cable that has the probe attached to it. This is where I made my big mistake, I put in upside down and fried the drive. (afterwards it didn't show up anymore)
While power cable was inserted upside down, I powered the drive, the CK3 light showed, then it switched off. I know, very very very stupid..
But I didn't see any smoke, and I can't seem to find any damage on the motherboard of the drive. No burnt transistors or anything. Both sides are looking ok. (Am I overlooking something? Which parts should I look?)

So now, when I put the power cable in the right way, then power the drive, the light on the kit stays on, some red light in the drive goes on. Sata cable connected, CK3 connected via USB.
When I start JF (0.1.67B) or DosFlash32 (1.8), the drive doesn't show up. I know I selected the right port (it just doesn't show up on any port, but I know which port to choose)

(How) Am I going to get the key from this drive?

After I failed on flashing this Liteon, I have succesfuly flashed another liteon, flashed 1 benq, updated 1 benq. So I know my setup is OK.

I tried to solve my problem by going through other topics, but I couldn't find my answer.
Any ideas on how to solve this? Would it involve any soldering? Should I send it to someone?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Edited by hkmarc, 06 December 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

You can send it to me if you like. I only charge if i can get your key. You only need to send the drive board so shipping is very cheap.

My fee is also very reasonable. Please PM me if you would like more details. I am located in Ontario, Canada

If the controller is dead there is nothing i can do because unlike all previous 360 drives the firmware is embedded in silicon.

#3 green360

green360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

hye friend 5 months ago I fried my 74 liteon too by upside-doxn mistake without having a key & I could finally fix it thancks to this topic (thanck you JOQ)
read all pages especially 5
you need a multimeter to know the part of pcb to fix
good luck:
some solutions to fix your firied liteon 74
after doing this 0I could get the key but the liteon still not working so I spoofed it by a benq
good luck

#4 hkmarc

hkmarc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 6 2009, 06:29 PM) View Post

You can send it to me if you like. I only charge if i can get your key. You only need to send the drive board so shipping is very cheap.

My fee is also very reasonable. Please PM me if you would like more details. I am located in Ontario, Canada

If the controller is dead there is nothing i can do because unlike all previous 360 drives the firmware is embedded in silicon.

Thanks for your response, I will first try the method green 360 has proposed.
If I can't get the key that way, can I still send it to you?
Any idea how the much shipping costs are from Europe?

QUOTE(green360 @ Dec 6 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post

hye friend 5 months ago I fried my 74 liteon too by upside-doxn mistake without having a key & I could finally fix it thancks to this topic (thanck you JOQ)
read all pages especially 5
you need a multimeter to know the part of pcb to fix
good luck:
some solutions to fix your firied liteon 74
after doing this 0I could get the key but the liteon still not working so I spoofed it by a benq
good luck

Ok thx for your reply. I am definitely going to try that method, I'll let you know if it works for me.

#5 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Shipping from Europe is about $5 if you send it as a non-standard letter.

#6 hkmarc

hkmarc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 6 2009, 07:11 PM) View Post

Shipping from Europe is about $5 if you send it as a non-standard letter.

Syntax, would you be trying the same as green360 is proposing?
If so, I think I'd rather send it to you.. I don't think I'll be very good at soldering this precise dry.gif

#7 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(hkmarc @ Dec 7 2009, 02:42 AM) View Post

Syntax, would you be trying the same as green360 is proposing?
If so, I think I'd rather send it to you.. I don't think I'll be very good at soldering this precise dry.gif

I would be trying some of those tricks and some new tricks. But the reality is that if the controller is damaged it can't be fixed. It is worth a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users