20 replies to this topic

#1 synclover

synclover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

s it safe now to update the latest dash ? my 360 is moded and don't want to get ban.
or should i download the update file and update it via USB drive ?

recently i god COD MW 2 backup disk and it ask me for an update. after pressing YES it shows an update in progress and reboots the console. then again it ask for an update and keeps rebooting my 360.

what to do ? blink.gif blink.gif

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(synclover @ Dec 7 2009, 02:21 AM) View Post

s it safe now to update the latest dash ? my 360 is moded and don't want to get ban.
or should i download the update file and update it via USB drive ?

recently i god COD MW 2 backup disk and it ask me for an update. after pressing YES it shows an update in progress and reboots the console. then again it ask for an update and keeps rebooting my 360.

what to do ? blink.gif blink.gif

I believe this issue is fixed by clearing your cache from your storage unit. If you are using the NXE dashboard, go to Console Settings > Memory > Select Your Device > Clear Cache. If you are using the pre-NXE dashboard you have to go to your Console Settings > Memory > Select Your Device > Press Y for Options > Press X, X, LB, RB, X, X on Controller > Press 'A' to Confirm System Maintenance.

Edited by dharrison, 07 December 2009 - 08:39 AM.

#3 synclover

synclover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

thank u for u'r kind reply 'dharrison'. i'm using the the NXE and will give it a try like u said. biggrin.gif

btw...i have downloaded the System Update Fall 09. should update my dashboard ? will it harm anything ? huh.gif

Edited by synclover, 07 December 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#4 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:anything....
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

you not on live are you?
when you pop online you might just get ban........you might of been flagged....run val2.0 and enter what it say's just to see if your clean...just for your information...

Edited by under420dog, 07 December 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#5 synclover

synclover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

no i'm not on LIVE. biggrin.gif just downloaded the fall 09 update and want update via USB stick. later i want to go LIVE only to update the video codecs. smile.gif so is it it safe to apply the fall 09 update ? and what u mean by runing val2.0 blink.gif

Edited by synclover, 07 December 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#6 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

If you don't care about any of these new exploits or running a patched kernel, then you are safe to update whenever you can. Updating from USB is 100% safer than getting the update from LIVE, as it installs it offline. Therefore, Microsoft cannot detect you and your console will be updated.

#7 synclover

synclover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

now i have updated my current dash but there is now one problem. now the console cannot read GTA 4 (backup) disk other than that it can read other backup disks. sad.gif

#8 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:54 AM

hey guys i just read your post and have to questions and you seem like you would be the ones to ask first how do you update you 360 from a usb and where do you download the update from i wanna be able to watch mp4 videos on it and second if i update it will that unmod it so i cant play back ups thanks for your help biggrin.gif

#9 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(lilronney @ Dec 8 2009, 02:54 AM) View Post

hey guys i just read your post and have to questions and you seem like you would be the ones to ask first how do you update you 360 from a usb and where do you download the update from i wanna be able to watch mp4 videos on it and second if i update it will that unmod it so i cant play back ups thanks for your help biggrin.gif

http://www.xbox.com/...stemupdates.htm

And no, it will not unmod your system at all.

#10 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

ok thank you so much and oh awsome cuz i had to pay someone to flash it but thank you and is there a certin update i should get

#11 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

The update from Microsoft's website is the most recent (8955). If you want a previous version there are other websites on the web that offer updates from the past. Just search 'XBOX 360 dashboard updates' on Google to find them.

#12 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

ok i updated it thank you but it still dont play mp4s so shold i find a update that does

#13 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(lilronney @ Dec 8 2009, 04:11 AM) View Post

ok i updated it thank you but it still dont play mp4s so shold i find a update that does

Maybe your MP4 needs re-encoded? Are you burning them to discs or are you trying to stream them?

#14 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

yea i am trying that now with encodeHD but im doing it from usb on mym psp cuz wmv videos work but mp4 wont and all my movies are mp4

#15 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

ok i encoded it and it didnt work it may be the program do you know any good encoding programs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users