Photo

Flash Your Liteon Back To Stock. Be Safe Online On Xbox Live?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 elblaze25

elblaze25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

since it is now possible to flash liteon's to stock. I want to ask this question. has somebody tried to flash their Liteon 74850 with stock firmware and went online? Is it safe? will i be safe it i try it?
I actually have 1.6 installed. I stopped using live right before the ban wave (mid-oct)..
so if anyone has some info on this I would appreciate you posting your experience here..

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

why don't u test it for us. if you are banned, you are already banned so there won't be any harm.

#3 elblaze25

elblaze25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Dec 7 2009, 09:26 AM) View Post

why don't u test it for us. if you are banned, you are already banned so there won't be any harm.

I really would if i had the money to afford another console. unfortunately right now i dont even have a job. I posted because i thought maybe someone else has tried it already, or has read something about it.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

here are the scenarios:

1. you are already banned and there is nothing u can do about it
2. you aren't banned and you put stock firmware on and they can't catch you because you have stock firmware

#5 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:anything....
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

well what you can do is goto your system settings and use val2.0 and read the X value as far as i know messing around with different boxes it works great.....and you don't need to add the - in the X value for it to read it...
or just call M$...hell they will tell you if your flagged or not...just tell them your havving connection errors to live
and you checked the cables and your internet and tried your pc on the same line and it all works but the 360 don't work to good....
not to scare you..but this has been preset-up way before Oct for banning...

peace!

#6 elblaze25

elblaze25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(under420dog @ Dec 7 2009, 09:46 AM) View Post

well what you can do is goto your system settings and use val2.0 and read the X value as far as i know messing around with different boxes it works great.....and you don't need to add the - in the X value for it to read it...
or just call M$...hell they will tell you if your flagged or not...just tell them your havving connection errors to live
and you checked the cables and your internet and tried your pc on the same line and it all works but the 360 don't work to good....
not to scare you..but this has been preset-up way before Oct for banning...
peace!

so most likely no matter what i do.. (including upgrading to LT) i will be banned next time i logg in?

and what is that Val2.0 u talked about?

#7 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Just thought I'd add to this - old housemates 360:

Flashed LiteOn 7 series, played nothing but originals since beginning of October, went 'offline' when latest bans started up. Checked XVal and all clear. Reflashed to stock firmware, went online - banned.

Just thought i'd better say, as a word of warning that XVal doesn't necessarily mean your clear - you've probably already been flagged.

#8 Th3_Burn3r

Th3_Burn3r

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

i flashed 1.6 on a 83xxx drive at the beginning of november.
i never played a backup or going on live when the 1.6 was on the drive. when i got the stock fw for the drive i reflashed it to stock. and im still online on xbox live maybe im flagged maybe im not. but im not banned yet.

#9 UnnA^

UnnA^

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

I will also add that i have had my 7xxx lite-on flashed and playing on live for like a year. When the wave started i never went online again. About 5 days ago i flashed it back to stock fw and have been playing originals online perfectly fine. I guess im just lucky but it appears as though if your not already flagged, then yes you can flash back to stock and your fine.

#10 elblaze25

elblaze25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

so is there any way to check if you are flagged.. I did the Connection test and came out alright (NO 190D on Z)
Requested a repair and no error came out. As i heard in some other post.. So am i safe?

#11 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:49 AM

Many reports have been made of people returning to stock and getting banned as soon as they log into Live.

If at any point one backup has been loaded on the console then a ban can be expected with or without custom firmware installed.

#12 elblaze25

elblaze25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:54 AM

Ok guys so i Finally got the balls, so i went for it. I went from 1.6 to CFW to 7485 OFW. Went online (HDD disconnected) and BAM..no ban (yet). I currently dont have GOLD membership which might make a difference (idk). But im online. Managed to download some demos. and still online. Like i mentioned before, i managed to go offline from mid - october, i had no GOLD by that time also.

Flashing method (may be it made a difference)

1.went online without drive connected to console
2.Updated
3. Flashed back to stock
4. Xbox live up and running. biggrin.gif

ima give it sometime before i upgrade to gold

#13 buddyleemoa

buddyleemoa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

my buddy had a 1.6 fw lite-on drive . he played burnt games a few months ago but only played legit games for the last 3 months.
he wasnt banned. ( he played online and everything (but with real games)
i then change his dvd drive to samsung and made it stock
he still not banned

i also have a xbox that ive been playing burnt games (madden 2010) (OFFLINE ONLY)

i reverted 3 days ago the lite-on firmware back to stock and went on xbox live

its been good so far

so who knows

#14 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(thwack @ Dec 7 2009, 03:17 AM) View Post

Just thought I'd add to this - old housemates 360:

Flashed LiteOn 7 series, played nothing but originals since beginning of October, went 'offline' when latest bans started up. Checked XVal and all clear. Reflashed to stock firmware, went online - banned.

Just thought i'd better say, as a word of warning that XVal doesn't necessarily mean your clear - you've probably already been flagged.

thanks, as it was said that it might not catch stuff right away......but the good part is it does see the secdata in the nand if something is wrong locally it will show.....nand altering anf stuff....

#15 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

well i would think because of all the users on live. lets say this "flagger" has to be processed by a human still...

I do know it is the fW(it's got to be) ....as i had a box just sitting on live doing nothing with 1.61 fresh(no games, no disk to spin it up and not even and eject) and got ban within these last 3 weeks of it being online 24-7(2 days ago)after 1 reboot.something gets flagged, i think into the nand(about the corrupted fw(to them it looks corrupted))in the dvd drive then sent through the buss to the CPU's Secret ROM (to be sent back to the cache for updating when you turn the console back on(our true game update board data to live..it can get sent with that or when turning it off)<only place for it to be safe...anything else is replaceable ,well besides the cache...i am though going to re-ball some cache..chips and throw them in ...i have 6 more units to try different combos... i don't think they place it back in the southbridge like the xbox1 because of bunnies hack...
now i do know some units don't shut off right away...and i am seeing signs of my stock one shutting down asap compared to a modded one delaying the shut down(the CPU (ROM) theory)......don't know but will get there
besides this,me's trying to reverse the net card, to code in a ftp for homebrew, and kill the ping limit 30ms caused by a chip(maybe cpu it's safe then)
so my hands are full....thank god i do have 1 months vacation....lol

sorry for my whining smile.gif
take this as a grain of salt if you wish this has only be my process and theory ,hands on......
as you see i code to....()(())lol

Edited by under420dog, 12 December 2009 - 08:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users