Photo

Did You Or Do You Plan To 'homebrew' (freeboot/xbreboot) Your

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you or do you plan to 'homebrew' (freeboot/XBReboot) your 360?

Did you or do you plan to 'homebrew' (freeboot/XBReboot) your 360?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 xxpittbullxx

xxpittbullxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

Done it ! smile.gif
Love it ! smile.gif
Plan on doing some more! biggrin.gif

#32 [MF]Acid

[MF]Acid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:49 AM

Just going to wait till there is more stuff Im interested in to be released and also to make doing the hack user friendly

#33 tech3475

tech3475

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

I want to do this but my banned 360 was updated to summer 09 and I already bought a second 360 for XBL. So it looks like I need to wait for a new hack sad.gif.

The moment a new hack is available I will do it as long as its relatively easily possible.

Edited by tech3475, 11 December 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#34 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

I picked up a 2008 holiday bundle from newegg for 200 bones. mfg date s feb 08. It has a 256 meg nand. I am on the fence about doing the nand on that system though. I found an older system that I think is expoitable..it was one I did an rrod fix on a while ago, just waiting for my usb cable from grim to see if that cb is correct. If it is then I will probably use the bundle on live and nand the older box. Of course I also have a brand new xbox 360 that is banned which I will be uncrippling soon.

#35 mace1337

mace1337

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

I got a bunch of xD cards waiting, I've got a few xD to SM adapters in the mail. And I have a DPC-R1 cardreader in the mail which I'll use to write the xD's with.

Just as soon as I get the stuff ready I'll mod mine.

kudos for all the hackers involved in this, and especially for giving it to us regular folk! Instead of some folk in the DVD-hacking scene who just want to make money over our backs.

Edited by mace1337, 12 December 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#36 dlcsr

dlcsr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

i've already invested into 5 xbox 360 due to rrod. i am done giving any more money. I have a ps2 fat that still works great. its even modded. i am just finished with microsoft altogether. definately don't have one that is hackable and not going to buy one. mad.gif

#37 Pseudo99

Pseudo99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:34 AM

You forgot to add the option:

"Yes I have several exploitable consoles but I haven't gotten around to doing it because they're RROD and failed all regular fixes short of a complete reflow and I haven't had time to purchase a reflow oven; I'm also too lazy to build a usb spi of my own so I ordered one from someone on the bst forum"

Put me down in that category.

#38 FutabaGP

FutabaGP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

I own 3 xboxes now, 2 are not exploitable falcons, third a XBR'ed xenon. XBR good, xenon not good... waiting for 8xxx hack...

#39 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(Pseudo99 @ Dec 13 2009, 07:34 AM) View Post

You forgot to add the option:

"Yes I have several exploitable consoles but I haven't gotten around to doing it because they're RROD and failed all regular fixes short of a complete reflow and I haven't had time to purchase a reflow oven; I'm also too lazy to build a usb spi of my own so I ordered one from someone on the bst forum"

Put me down in that category.

That's a kick on the nuts.... you should give it another try!

My first console was very very hardmoded (VGA, Component, composite, and all posibble A/V outs in the back, plenty of cooling, then I sold it and went Rrod in less than 2 weeks, returned to me...

I saw the fixes for rrod, and started buying used consoles with red lights for Christmas, two years latter, ended up with like 20 consoles in rrod, and fixed every single console.

Now I done a xbr into the first one, and these days will try freeboot.

It's great to see a full game in the hard drive without risking it, no more disk scratching to my disk, and much more luck for my nephews, just waiting till it gets much more stable to give it to them.

#40 M0t0rPen1s

M0t0rPen1s

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

I have dashboard 8498 , can i use homebrew on my console or am i screwed ?

#41 XmdawgX

XmdawgX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:27 AM

Already done and loving it smile.gif

QUOTE(M0t0rPen1s @ Dec 14 2009, 12:50 PM) View Post

I have dashboard 8498 , can i use homebrew on my console or am i screwed ?

You're screwed sad.gif For now at least....

Edited by XmdawgX, 15 December 2009 - 05:28 AM.

#42 westcoastloc

westcoastloc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

I got a xbox live arcade jasper like a month and a half ago. can i use freeboot or xbereboot (im use xbox live so i probably have the newest dash) ? Do both of these mthods require soldering? I dont care too much about storing full games (way too much space) but I am interested in future emulators that would benefit/couldnt exist without the extra power of the 360 processor.

#43 XmdawgX

XmdawgX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(westcoastloc @ Dec 15 2009, 12:10 AM) View Post

I got a xbox live arcade jasper like a month and a half ago. can i use freeboot or xbereboot (im use xbox live so i probably have the newest dash) ? Do both of these mthods require soldering? I dont care too much about storing full games (way too much space) but I am interested in future emulators that would benefit/couldnt exist without the extra power of the 360 processor.

To answer all 3 of your questions... No, No, and Yes...

Next time read... it's been repeated more than enough times that the jtag exploit was fixed in summer 09.

You'll also be soldering no matter what if you want xbreboot or freeboot running.

#44 Br0k3R

Br0k3R

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Br0k3R @ Dec 8 2009, 09:50 PM) View Post

damn my xenon got banned and its 8955 ;/ already bought new jasper to play online sad.gif so no expoitable xbox'es left ;/

Yeaaaa my friend donated me a pre-NXE xenon and it has xbr installed now ;D

#45 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Cmon guys - this requires less soldering than an old xbox 1 chip - really not complicated smile.gif Now... the PS2 chips... those were nasty smile.gif

Modded my launch day 360 yesterday, tried out xexloader and will hopefully give mame360 a go sometime this week.

Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users