5 replies to this topic

#1 Roamin64

Roamin64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

I've been trying to move all my rock band dlc from my banned console to my xbreboot console, and most of them are working fine. All the single songs work, all the packs of 3 songs work , but my Pearl Jam Ten album just doesn't work. It stalls at loading screen. I tried unpacking the songs , and repacking them on their own , but same result. In the game, you also get no song preview if you leave the cursor on the title. All the ones that have a song preview, will load just fine.

I also tried to move my rock band 1 songs , but they fail to start, giving me an error. I thought this might be a license problem, but even if i patch the license, they still dont work. My friend also has rock band, and he also bought the license to transfer, so i compare his tracks , with mine (the ones that copy over from rb1 to rb2) and they were totally different from mine! (All other singles tracks we have in common are identical except for the keys) Which lead me to think that when we transferred with the license, they somehow get encrypted with our keys.

So , i decided to run Rock Band 1 to see if it would accept my modified license, but the song transfer option is not available on my xbreboot console , because it doesn't have the update that it needs. So , i decided to copy over my cache from my banned console, which contained the update, to my xbreboot console, but when i launched rock band , it crashed telling me "this game has been updated to an incompatible version".

What is our option on using game updates , if we are using xbreboot? Anyone had to bother with this? Anyone successfully transferred a "full" album for rock band 2 dlc?

#2 dakkon426

dakkon426

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

Your probly going to need to extract the title update from your system cache and use it to update the xex your using.

#3 Roamin64

Roamin64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

It was late last night , i forgot to mention i was running the game from a usb drive, not even the xbox hard disk.

Instead , i used my retail copy , and the game update worked, allowing me to use my patched license from banned xbox , to export my songs. The rock band 1 songs now work in rock band 2.

The only thing left is the Pearl Jam album, which i'll look more into later.

#4 dufc1983

dufc1983

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

usually if a song preview doesn't work the song wont and stalls,this is down to you clearing your cache and not -redownloading that album or song,you will find if u can access it on live somehow and redownload then fire it through yaris tool it will work

#5 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Roamin64 @ Dec 8 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post

It was late last night , i forgot to mention i was running the game from a usb drive, not even the xbox hard disk.

Instead , i used my retail copy , and the game update worked, allowing me to use my patched license from banned xbox , to export my songs. The rock band 1 songs now work in rock band 2.

The only thing left is the Pearl Jam album, which i'll look more into later.

Doesn't matter if you play it from USB, you have to launch an untouched XEX, not a patched.
Confirmed it's working for me, but not RB1 songs either from hard disk or retail copy. Something went wrong with the patching I think.

#6 bigazz

bigazz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

I dont know what im doing wrong but i cant get any RB2 DLC to show. Im using XBR 0.3 , PAL RB2 from DISC , title update 3 installed and DLC patched and placed in the correct folder. What am i missing? Its starting to drive me crazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users