Photo

If You've Installed Xbr, Why Would You Need A Usb Spi Connection?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 biggyfred

biggyfred

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

There's a modder selling 360s with XBR preinstalled and USB SPL flashers. I'm curious why a USB SPL flasher would be needed if XBR is already installed. Would there be a continuing need to dump/flash the nand once XBR is on there? I thought it could be updated via USB?

I appreciate any help understanding.

#2 dufc1983

dufc1983

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

o my knowledge the usb spi connection makes it easier to install future upgrades xbr needs at later stages,as this is still early days it most likely will need an upgrade and with the usb spi connection means no having to open up your console like you would if you just used the lp printer cable or so i believe,if im wrong somebody please put me right

#3 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:anything....
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(synclover @ Dec 8 2009, 01:26 AM) View Post

now i have updated my current dash but there is now one problem. now the console cannot read GTA 4 (backup) disk other than that it can read other backup disks. sad.gif

can't remember there is so much going on underground...but i think it needs to stay attached to work....

#4 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

The Flasher is good for updating the XBReboot to a newer ver, which can be anything and the usb flasher flashes the NAND faster than the standard LPT port, expecially the jasper 256/512 mb NAND. The flashing rate for my pc threw LPT is 36-38mins and a usb will be 6mins. Hope that helps,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users