• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

hey guys. if anyone has screen shots or can tell me how to get screenshots of all the homebrew games can you help me out? post em here or pm me with a link or pm me so you can send em to me via whatever.

im looking for good screen shots for all them so i can make a set of icons for them.

iv found a few here and there. most the websites they display either in the readme or in the game are dead now. others its just a bitch tracking em down and most i just cant find.

#2 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

Here is a set of wideicons for homebrew games.

https://opensvn.csie...rcade/Homebrew/

#3 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hey nex,
That link looks unfortunately dead... sad.gif

Any other sources available?
Thanks

#4 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

no its just that you need to allow the certificate for the site.

yes i have all those. but the screen shot on all those icons is tiny. you cant really see what your getting into with those little screenshots.

i think i pmed the guy who made those asking him for all his screen shots.

who did make them? maybe i got the wrong guy.

#5 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

Oh...
I see...
I am not sure who made those... huh.gif
Thanks guys

#6 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:28 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=574494
Im pretty sure the starter of that thread made those homebrew icons...

#7 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

so does anyone know how i can take screen shots of all the homebrew games?

#8 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

I know a DVR could do it, but resources are slim... right man?

I know how it is. I've been just getting by and it's been getting a little tougher recently. I've already had to spring for a new computer while doing my work here. I want a DVR to make videos with, but it's not in the cards now.

It's probably the only easy way to do it though. Maybe you know somebody you could borrow a DVR from for the weekend if they go on a trip or something?

#9 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

yea i was thinkin of that too. deff cant buy one now.

are all these games available on pc? i tried installing xbmc on my comp and running the home brew games from there but that didnt work (or at least i couldn't get em to work).

dont really dont know how to use xbox sdk. if anyone has a clue how i use this to get ss's please help. im kinda scared for it says i can F up my xbox with it. not too many tutorials for xdk.

#10 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

If you asked me about 2 years ago I probably could have helped you, but I forgot how to set up a debug box or where the info was. All I know is it probably took me about 1 1/2 months to get it set up right and that was only because I got some help from a few people here that may or may not even be around anymore.

I think it'd be easier just to get a second job for a month or two and buy the DVR than it would to get the SDK setup.

It's tough as hell to do for a newbie, but I didn't mess up my Box with it.

#11 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 6 2010, 07:31 PM) View Post

I think it'd be easier just to get a second job for a month or two and buy the DVR than it would to get the SDK setup.

lol biggrin.gif dam it

#12 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

If you have some knowledge of the xbox, it's not that extremly difficult.

You will need visual studio 2003 on your pc.
You will need the xdk. There is no way to get that legaly.

You will need a boot from memory debug bios. I think I used something called tatx.

Simply install the pc site of the xdk on your pc after you installed the visual studio package.

Get the phoenix bios loader from the ndure e:\ndts folder. It's the default.xbe in that folder, and a cfg file if I remember well.

Create a folder in the apps or games folder (name it debug or something like that)

Copy the phoenix bios loader and the debug bios to that folder.

Extract the Iso of the xbox xdk rescue disk with a program like qwix. It will give you a number of files and folders for the C partition and a number for the E partion.

Copy this stuff to the xbox C and E partition. Check to see if the files already exist. As far as I remember, some of the font and sound files will already exist on the C partition. I think I left the originals to make sure that I wouln't corrupt my softmodded dash files.

Launch the phoenix bios loader from your dashboard. It will load the debug bios. That bios will launch the debug dash on your C partition.

You will have no shadow C at that moment.

If you copy a game to the correct folder in your E partition, you can launch it from within the debug dash.

regards.

#13 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hey obcd,

Since you seem to have retained a lot of this info, let me ask you a hypothetical question.

Say somebody were to have a working debug v1.0 XBox they had converted on their own using the Phoenix BIOS loader a few years ago and they were to backup the complete C:\ and E:\ drives. If their old debug box broke, would they easily be able to convert another box to a debug box by FTPing this stuff over a newly hacked box that was just hacked using the Splinter Cell exploit?

Just wonderin'..... rolleyes.gif

#14 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Considering the "being a debug xbox", I can say yes, it should work without issues.
The problem will be the Splinter Cell Exploit. If you restore your C and E contents (after turning the shadowc off), you will overwrite the M$dash exploit on the C partition. If the backup came from an xbox with a different kernel version, the softmod won't run on the new xbox.
If you have the kernel independant softmod, there shouldn't be a problem.
Also, if you don't overwrite existing files on the C partition (like the ernie.xtf and xbox.xtf), the kernel dependant files won't change, so the softmod should continue to work.

As always, make sure you have the xbox eeprom.bin on your pc before you start such drastic changes to your xbox C and E partitions.

I never found a tutorial that described how to turn your xbox in a debug unit using that phoenix bios loader. I did it myself that way, and I can confirm that it works fine. The triple boot ndure softmodded M$dash can hapilly live together with the debug dash.

I do remember having issues with free space on the C partition in the beginning. I can't remember anymore if erasing the filler files in the c:\shadowc folder was enough to do the job. I might have recompiled the nkpatcher as well so that it looked for the shadowc on the E partition instead of the C partition.

The biggest problem is if it doesn't work right away. You have no clue upon what's going wrong.
The procedure also works with the original M$ debug biosses that come with the recovery cd.
You just couldn't run retail xbe's with those biosses. You also couldn't add the F partition to the xbox neighborhood.

Never run the recovery cd on your xbox. It will erase the xbox eeprom and will try to flash your xbox tsop with it's debug bios. If the write enable points aren't connected on your mobo, the tsop flash will luckily fail, but your xbox still won't boot anymore due to the eeprom erasure.

regards.

#15 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

Yeah.... I know there is no tutorial on this. I searched extensively for a one-stop-shop for doing it, but all I found was bits and pieces all over and eventually somebody helped me fill in the blanks.

All I remember was it took forever and I almost quit a few times. I'm not very patient with certain things. With the Xtras, I always feel like I'm accomplishing something nearly every second. I don't like wasting days or weeks trying to do something that I could do in 3 hours if I had the right instructions, and that's exactly how setting this up was making me feel.

YES...... ALWAYS HAVE THE EEPROM BACKED UP ON THE PC FOR EVERY BOX YOU DO AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET IT. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU JACK UP THE HARD DRIVE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER ONE WITH THAT EEPROM!!!!!!!!!!

So D..... If somebody were to get their hands on a backup of the C: & E: drive for a softmodded debug Box, they could theoretically get it working on their own with other tools available online. I would think that the aspiring programmer would have a much easier time figuring out how to get the correct exploit working and using this method than messing around with the Phoenix bios loader and stripping the right files out of the XDK to put on the box and all the other misc steps that are very hard to find online anywhere. I used to have a ton of that documentation backed up on a hard drive that crashed before I had everything backed up. It's dust in the wind now....

Sorry I couldn't help more. I'm sure if somebody were adventurous enough they'd be able to figure out how to get a hard drive backup working though.

~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users