• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sativaman

Sativaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

I sent my xbox in a month ago for repairs... I got the extended warranty because of the E74 error. It had an intact warranty sticker on it. I was watching the progress on the xbox website and it said repair complete, etc... and that they shipped it...

So, it comes home today and it is the EXACT same xbox I sent them. I plug it in, and it still has the RROD. Inside the box they shipped back to me was a generic form letter that they use when they are shipping back an accessory that you included in your shipment to them, which I didn't...

However, on the back of the xbox is this red arrow sticker pointing at an area where it looks like there is pry marks in the holes... WTF! The warranty sticker was intact and they didn't fix it! Guess I'll have to x-clamp it now but I'm probably on their s-list and being watched on live. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Some @*#* just puts a red arrow sticker on the back pointing at one of the 'pop' holes and MS gets off the hook? Even with an intact warranty sticker? I am pissed! This is complete BS! mad.gif

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

I take it you had opened it already? if so you voided warranty. bummer.

Edited by chorizo1, 11 December 2009 - 01:38 AM.

#3 Sativaman

Sativaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:39 AM

of course.... but the warranty sticker was intact... I don't get it! I am worried that now my console is on the 'list' for the next ban hammer or it will be put under the 'MS microscope' anytime I try to connect to live after I fix it.

Edited by Sativaman, 11 December 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(Sativaman @ Dec 10 2009, 06:39 PM) View Post

of course.... but the warranty sticker was intact... I don't get it!

you opened it = you voided the warranty. simple.

#5 Sativaman

Sativaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:47 AM

Well.... On the XBOX website, it says that 'Standard Warranty: Expires: 02/27/2010'. I got the 'extended' warranty from the E74 error.... I don't know why MS would still say that this console has a 'standard warranty' if the warranty has been voided.... weird... But I'm happy that I got my Benq back.

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

lol jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif

#7 Sativaman

Sativaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

I guess I'd be laughing too if it wasn't me... I spent good money on the warranty sticker but MS was more concerned about the 'pry' marks in the holes in the back... Guess I should have gotten one of those opening tools to begin with. But still, I am REALLY worried about now being under their microscope if I go on live again after I repair this console. So far, I've avoided the ban hammer.

#8 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:07 AM

I'm just gonna stop you here. Check out this section of the rules, and consider yourself lucky.

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 23 2006, 01:14 PM) View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts Advocating Fraud

Do not make any posts advising/ advocating Fraud. Do not post advising or asking how to return goods and dishonestly attempt to obtain a warranty repair or replacement if you have voided the warranty by tampering with or opening the casing on a console. Posters asking how to get round the issue of voiding the warranty and posters offering advice on the same will lose their accounts here. If you break the seal you void the warranty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by chorizo1, 11 December 2009 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users