• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

hi all,

Just a warning. Don't buy from frys.com. They like to rip people off. They are con artists. I bought Norton Internet Utilities and Ghost 14. I really need to secure my system and ghost my existing harddrive. I figured out that I'd buy instead of d/l. I saw that it was free after rebate, so i said what the heck.

So, i called them on Friday(one day after the deal ended), and asked them for the rebate links. The lady said sure we'll do that right away. I look in my email inbox...and it was for another offer that already expired in November.

So, i said what the hell? I emailed the salesandservicecs.frys.com email addy, and then read down below:

So, frys doesn't send me the link for the rebate forms. They say, go to the product description page to download it. Well, guess what it's not there anymore. I got used to buying stuff on newegg and tigerdirect, which is why I assumed that frys would do the same. I didn't know that you had to get the forms on the exact day (on the deadline in my case cause thats when i decided for no reason at all but to type in frys.com that day). Mind, you i'm not mailing the forms last minute. I'm simply needing access to the forms so I can start the submission process.
I didnt' know they have to cheat people to make a profit. I guesss they can't compete with the 2 big companies. I knew there was a reason i stopped buying from them.

Anyways, how hard is it to get me the form? It's just a link? They won't help me?

Edited by deilzfcjk, 13 December 2009 - 02:39 AM.

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

http://www.resellerr...tronics_Outpost

#3 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

yeah i guess im not imforming no one. I guess it's obvious. I didn't know that they got that bad so fast. I know that I bought stuff from them like in 2002-05 pretty regularly. I didn't expect a decline this fast. I guess big box stores are shittin on them. Walmart, Bestbuy. And then they loose their online computer sales to tiger and the egg. I'm mad about this. I just needed to vent.

#4 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

even in their retail stores you have to shop like a... fox? shit is always opened or returned. they usually put a sticker on it. you can get some good deals you just be aware of whats going on and that even if you buy a defective item, you are going to get GRILLED when you try to swap it out.

#5 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

forget them. I'm never going back again. They are so shady. i told them my exact situation over email, and they told me to download it at the product description page when they know full well that it's not there. They got to know their own policies. And, why is it that they try and mess u up on rebates? Isn't it manufacturer given anyways?

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

my friend... come with me one day to fry's BM store... you will realize it does not stand for brick and mortar... =)

#7 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

Well after I threatened to call the BBB, they finally gave me the forms. And this makes me all the more wearier of them for future purchases. They tried to give me the shaft. FU frys. I made them give it to me after the threat. so, i guess it's all good now. I guess they go by percentage. If they do what they do, some people won't complain and let it go. I am not about to pay $82 for the software. I may pay $39 at most for the bundle. But that's it. No way in hell am i paying $82. I usually just go bare naked on the internet. What really enticed me was the fact that it was free and there was Ghost included. I hope i get the software it's expected to be here on thursday. cross my fingers.

#8 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Bit of advice (especially for tigerdirect)....

Whenever you order something online, print or save the rebate form right then & there.
Don't wait until the next day or it might not be there the next time you look for it.

Edited by Alex548, 15 December 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#9 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

i hate that tiger direct is running compusa now! grr, now i have to taxes at tigerdirect.com! oh well... guess ill stick to new egg. they have NEVER let me down. yet =)

#10 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:05 AM

Hmmm never bought anything from frys online. We have one of their stores here locally and if I need anything comp related quick I go there and have never had any problem buying merchandise or returning it.

#11 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

First off, why the heck are you using that Norton crapware?!?!

If you're concerned about viruses, use Avira Antivir (link), if you want a firewall use Comodo's Firewall (link). Both are free, both work seamlessly with Windows and are far less resource hogs compared to Norton's.

As for drive imaging, use Acronis's True Image, which is the best in the industry. In fact they're so good, some HDD manufacturer's offer a free tailored version to use with their drives. For instance, if you have a Western Digital HDD, WD gives you a tailored version for free (link). Other HDD manufacturers may offer a tailored version, though you'll have to check. The tailored versions might be watered down compared to the full version, but from what I see on the WD page, it seems to have everything necessary for imaging. Also, if you're using Win7, verify if thier tailored versions are compatiable with it, though I've read True Image Version 11 will work with Win7 and that seems to be the current True Image version provided by WD.

If you're using a HDD that offers a free Acronis Image app, then you can accomplish everything Norton's does for free and better.

Edited by xboxbox451, 18 December 2009 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users