Photo

Lite-on 93450c Firmware, Solderless Flash?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Freeloo

Freeloo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

This post might get a bit technical, but I am a newbie in training so I think it fits in this forum =) I recently acquired my first 360 ever, and I have tried to stay up to date with the latest in the modding community. However, since the 93450C is not covered in the Jungleflasher FAQ, I haven't been able to find a pedagogic guide for flashing this drive. I have seen the videos that show how to solder wires and cut traces to enable you to "dump the key". As a matter of fact, I am not completely sure how the dumping of the key is related to flashing the drive itself and why/if they are both required. And I would, if possible, like to avoid soldering anything. I heard that there was a solderless method where you simply connected a wire, but I was unable to find details on this procedure.

I am only interested in enabling the drive to play my backups. I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me towards a step by step list of what needs to be done and foremost, what tools I need to acquire to make the flash possible.

Sorry for my english, it isn't my main language but I hope what I write makes sense anyway biggrin.gif

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

Firstly understand that your DVD drive is paired with your motherboard on two counts: Drive model (OSIG) and DVD key. You need to recover this information from the DVD drive before you even think about flashing the firmware, otherwise you'll end up losing the information that's already there.

Regardless on how you flash the drive afterwards, you will need to solder wires and cut traces (temporarily) in order to recover the firmware dump currently in place. Once you have it, you can inject this information (using JungleFlasher) into the iXtreme firmware and erase/flash your DVD drive using conventional methods.

#3 Freeloo

Freeloo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Dec 13 2009, 12:02 PM) View Post

Firstly understand that your DVD drive is paired with your motherboard on two counts: Drive model (OSIG) and DVD key. You need to recover this information from the DVD drive before you even think about flashing the firmware, otherwise you'll end up losing the information that's already there.

Regardless on how you flash the drive afterwards, you will need to solder wires and cut traces (temporarily) in order to recover the firmware dump currently in place. Once you have it, you can inject this information (using JungleFlasher) into the iXtreme firmware and erase/flash your DVD drive using conventional methods.

Thanks, I finally understand what that's all about smile.gif Regarding the soldering, is it possible that a more conventional method will be invented so that soldering will not be needed? Of course it is impossible to simply guess what the future brings, but rather - is it technically possible or should I accept that this is the final solution and get the required tools for soldering?

Edit: Apart from the typical electronic gear needed (soldering iron, flux etc.) what specific components would I need? I read that I would need a 22 ohm resistor and a dip-switch or something similar. Is the expensive xecetur connectivity kit required as well?

Edited by Freeloo, 13 December 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

why you need an xecuter kit? You can do it without it. You just need a bit of practice if you've never did this kind of repair/soldering. It's kind of risky.

And it is entirely technically possible. I have done it a few times already. You will be banned if you go on live with this. It's a f/w from the 8xxxx series liteon spoofed for your 9xxxx.

yes solder, flux , an low wattage iron, and a xacto knife would do fine.

#5 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

If you've never cut/repaired PCB traces I would strongly recommend letting someone experienced do it. If you screw it up, you could be left with a 360 which won't play games. Once you have a good dump of the drive, you won't need to do it again - any future firmware updates will be 'spoofed' using the original dump.

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

As has been stated I would not go through the risk of doing it until the new LT firmware comes out as you will get banned from Live once you mod it.

During this time get an old circuit board from something broken and do some trace cutting and soldering practice.

#7 Bidulez

Bidulez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Dec 13 2009, 12:02 PM) View Post

Can this information be taken directly from the motheboard ?

#8 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Bidulez @ Dec 19 2009, 03:44 AM) View Post

Can this information be taken directly from the motheboard ?

Only if the Kernel/CB version hasn't been updated to a 'fixed' one.

But yes - if you have a suitable version you could get it the DVD key from the motherboard.

#9 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

If you have one of the new drive's you are not going to have a motherboard exploitable to get the dvd key from it. I could be wrong, you can try, but I seriously DOUBT it. I haven't seen an exploitable console with a new drive yet. They patched the exploit a little bit before the new drives were released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users