kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

I recently started mucking about with TSOP flashing. For some forsaken reason I flashed my ver 1.0 xbox with the cromwell bios.

Not cool at all. Cannot get into xbmc. Cannot boot from anything but my dvd drive. During bootup there are greyed out images of two hdds and a dvd drive and some sort of chip. Only the dvd drive can be selected... Very rudimentary.

I'm having problems booting into linux (dvd drive problems). But that's another story.

What I want to know is how to flash my bios with the original bios.bin (which I have a back up of) once I get linux to boot? I dont have a usb keyboard. I also got raincoat 10 from their sourceforge site.

I have a ST chip. Someone help me out here with this... I need the idiot's guide. I'm SCARED! sad.gif

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

I did something similar once before. I flashed a linux loader rom (basically the same thing as cromwell) to my tsop. It was a bitch to get it right
again. What you need to get is something called the eurasia flash disc. I think it is the only thing that can save you now without buying a chip. Google should help you find it. Burn it to a CD-RW very slow.

I am a little fuzzy as to whether the disc booted or not, I can't remember. If it doesn't boot, then you will need to try option 2.

You can extract the eurasia flash disc ISO and put those files on your xbox HD (on the root of E Drive) so when your cromwell starts up you can select the FATX icon and boot eurasia.

Hope this helps

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

1. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=349403 confirms xboxmods2977's approach. EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.3
2. The second option: Gentoox Resctoox

Edited by ldotsfan, 15 December 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#4 kolosus

kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

Thanks xboxmods2977 & ldotsfan.

You guys gave me the idea that I need to do a frugal install to my hdd and then boot from there. I didn't use the eurasia flash disk that you suggested. I used xdsl because it was at hand. Once booted into the gui I used raincoat from the command line to reflash the TSOP with the original bios.bin file.

Its all up and at it again. Next week I'll flash my 1.0 with ST TSOP again. This time hopefully with something that'll enhance my xbox/xbmc experience rather than almost brick my box!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users