• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 junkdewd

junkdewd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

I screwed my original softmod and had to use Cash 1.1 to even get my setup working again, but I want to go back to a much simpler setup. I really want to get rid of everything and just have xbmc as the front end so I can load some games on it and make it usable as a media player for divx on disc and dvd player. I'd like to give it away as a gift for christmas, so if anyone can offer some help quickly, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance. I can take direct emails also at my username here at gmail.com Merry christmas everyone

EDIT: I already have a fiull backup of m system info and bios, as well as a larger hard drive installed instead of the original 8gb model.

Edited by junkdewd, 13 December 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

You really don't want to get rid of CASH, you want XBMC as the dashboard right?

If so, that is a relatively easy thing to do.

FTP into the Xbox. You should see E:\Dashboard\default.xbe and Evox.ini if you have Evox as your dash.

Go to your PC folder that you have XBMC in and open the _tools folder. You will see two files needed. SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe and SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg.

Rename your E:\Dashboard\default.xbe to Evox.xbe

FTP to the E:\Dashboard\ folder SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe to the Xbox renaming it default.xbe. FTP SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg to the Xbox renaming it default.cfg.

So you should have in the E:\Dashboard folder:
Default.xbe
Default.cfg
Evox.xbe
Evox.ini

Default.cfg is written to look for XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC. If your XBMC files are in a different place, you will need to put them there or edit the default.cfg file to point to where XBMC folder is.

Now you can restart the Xbox and XBMC will be your dash.

#3 junkdewd

junkdewd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Dec 13 2009, 04:09 PM) View Post

You really don't want to get rid of CASH, you want XBMC as the dashboard right?

If so, that is a relatively easy thing to do.

FTP into the Xbox. You should see E:\Dashboard\default.xbe and Evox.ini if you have Evox as your dash.

Go to your PC folder that you have XBMC in and open the _tools folder. You will see two files needed. SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe and SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg.

Rename your E:\Dashboard\default.xbe to Evox.xbe

FTP to the E:\Dashboard\ folder SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe to the Xbox renaming it default.xbe. FTP SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg to the Xbox renaming it default.cfg.

So you should have in the E:\Dashboard folder:
Default.xbe
Default.cfg
Evox.xbe
Evox.ini

Default.cfg is written to look for XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC. If your XBMC files are in a different place, you will need to put them there or edit the default.cfg file to point to where XBMC folder is.

Now you can restart the Xbox and XBMC will be your dash.

I had tried using a shortcut generator to handle these steps, as I am not sure where everything is where cash puts it. I have my old floppies to prep the hard drive, and really just want to have the needed exploit on it along with XBMC, so I have the max space available for movies and data for access. I used the cash disc a few nights ago to try and start from scratch, and now the box doesnt boot. I probably picked the wrong exploit, so gotta pull the drive and start over now anyhow. Thanks for talking the time to respond though.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:21 AM

The Dashboard and Apps are usually stored on the E drive. You don't want to use that drive for videos, games or music. In saying that, you can have all kinds of Apps on the E drive and not affect the storage amount on a larger HD.

If you aren't putting in a larger hard drive, be very careful on filling the E drive. You can get it too full and have problems.

#5 junkdewd

junkdewd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Dec 16 2009, 10:21 PM) View Post

The Dashboard and Apps are usually stored on the E drive. You don't want to use that drive for videos, games or music. In saying that, you can have all kinds of Apps on the E drive and not affect the storage amount on a larger HD.

If you aren't putting in a larger hard drive, be very careful on filling the E drive. You can get it too full and have problems.

I screwed up again :> and used a different installer that uses the sid exploit, so didnt get the f: drive available even when I say to activate it. sooooo, gonna pull the drive and do it again. It gives me something to do besides rolling cigarettes to save moeny at least.

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Stick with Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users