hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

whats up. so its been quite a while since ive done a soft mod. i have the splinter cell game, and when ive done this in the past, ive used Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1. i still have it on my xbox memory card. now, in the past, everything has always gone fine. so im not too worried about that.

here is my question. Is this softmod/gamesave exploit up-to-date? or have there been newer ones released? basically, i want to make sure 480p and 720p is supported. this is for a friends xbox. he has the hdtv cables. we want to make sure evox will boot if video is set to hdtv. and if we launch the ms dash, we want to make sure thats supported too with hdtv.

thanks for any tips or adivise!

#2 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

The Ndure installer will work just fine and I have been doing Ndure softmods with HD cables for a few years. I never had any issues. I am looking to see what the latest available softmod packages are myself as I'm about to do a mod in the next few days and I thought it was a good time to see if there has been any evolution in softmods. But if you are satisfied with the software the Ndure installer sets up then you have no worries. It will work fine with your cables.

#3 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

i appreciate your reply. i have heard of different ndures. theres the one i have, stated in first post. ive also heard of Kingroach's ndure 3.0. i was wondering if that one would be better than mine, as far as support for hdtv output.
i think ill be doing this softmod this week. i cant seem to connect to xbins for whatever reason. and that auto xbins app never seems to work for me. so i cant get the kingroach ndure. but since you believe the one i have will work for this purpose, than ill give it a shot!
thanks again.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

The kingroach ndure is the one used together with xboxhdm when you hotswap.
It's current version is 3.1. It uses the nkpatcher11U04 for it's softmod.

The krazy ndure is used as a game exploit. It's current version is 1.1 if I remember well.

Altough some details are different, I think it uses the same nkpatcher version.

regards.

#5 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Well just to let you know how I sure I am... the first time I did a softmod there were no installers. Not only were there no installers there were no prepared packages. The whole process was manual and required you to obtain the fonts, get the signature from them, sign the hacked fonts, do the replacement, sign a bios loader, put it into place, and then manually load your dashboard and whatever other software you were going to have on there. This was when the exploited game saves were brand new and people were bricking units left and right. Luckily I have a chipped box that I was able to use in case I messed something up with the non-modded one and that left me room to experiment. I did that whole thing using my HD cables. Man how things have changed with these installers. What took me hours to do now takes 5 minutes and you spend the whole time watching progress bars. So go for it. No worries. Btw, what I use is the exact same installer your using.

#6 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

alright! biggrin.gif i really appreciate the replies, guys. it really clears things up. I'll be doing this softmod thursday. ive done quiet a few before. never had any problems. but this friend of mine kept asking if his hd cables and hdtv would work with it. thats new to me because i never had any of that when i was using my original xbox.

but it sounds like everything will be fine.

thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users