Photo

Adding A Category In The "games" Blade Of Mc360?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 GameGuru

GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Currently under the "Games" blade I have:

Games
Xbox Arcade
Applications
Game Saves

I would like to delete the "Xbox Arcade" category and replace it with an "Emulation" category. How would I do this?

#2 massjohn420

massjohn420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hey... do you know why my mc360 is all black? I can see the words and it changes blades... but the only color in it is when I find the emulators... the emulator Icons are in color

#3 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(GameGuru @ Dec 14 2009, 04:52 PM) View Post
Currently under the "Games" blade I have:

Games
Xbox Arcade
Applications
Game Saves

I would like to delete the "Xbox Arcade" category and replace it with an "Emulation" category. How would I do this?

You have to use the xml files in the files of the xbox media center. I didn't like this either, so I changed it. I don't remember exactly where I looked, but it did not take me long to find it. Keep in mind, that you still have to press another button to get to your emulators. "Games" "Emulators" and "Applications" all take you to the exact same screen. I have not yet found a way to change this, and I don't think there is. I wish there was, and if I find out, I'll let you know.

- 2 Bunny

#4 H4L0G33K

H4L0G33K

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

@GameGuru:

If you mean something to this effect:
IPB Image

It's extremely simple to do. Simply go to MC360>Language>English(Or whatever language you use)>strings.xml

Find line #36 and you should see: <string id="31036">Xbox Arcade</string>

Replace it with: <string id="31036">Emulation</string> save the xml and you'll be ready to go. You may have to restart xbmc to see the change if you are running the skin while doing the edits.

Hope that helps!

#5 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 18 2009, 05:22 PM) View Post
@GameGuru:

It's extremely simple to do. Simply go to MC360>Language>English(Or whatever language you use)>strings.xml

Replace it with: <string id="31036">Emulation</string> save the xml and you'll be ready to go. You may have to restart xbmc to see the change if you are running the skin while doing the edits.

Hope that helps!

Ah yes. Finally someone from that "team blackbolt". Just the person I wanted to talk to. I had a question for you on a very similar issue. I would like to know if there is any way to make the "emulators", "apps", and "games" buttons on that same screen to not link to the same default "apps sources list" page. I would like it to take me straight to F:/games if I hit "games" and so on. I know it isn't possible with my current setup, so would it be though if I modified some xml files, or is there a hidden settings menu or something?
Also, I meant to tell you that your forum banned me uhh.gif blink.gif ! It said I had "multiple accounts" under "reason", but that was in all actuality the first time I had registered and I really don't know what is going on there. Please replace my forum thread at very least if you don't want to un ban me because you don't believe me. I just want an answer to my question. One post, and I am banned for no reason it seems.

- 2 Bunny

#6 H4L0G33K

H4L0G33K

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

Depending on what you are using I assume XBOX, select the source you want the games to go to and use the white button i believe for the context menu which will allow you to select "set as default" I think. I don't use the xbox anymore but could test if you need, as far as xml's go there isn't a way of editing as far as I know because it's a built in link for xbmc it's self.

As far as the forums go you were banned because of the ruckus you are known for causing on xbmc.org forums.

#7 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 18 2009, 07:20 PM) View Post
Depending on what you are using I assume XBOX, select the source you want the games to go to and use the white button i believe for the context menu which will allow you to select "set as default" I think. I don't use the xbox anymore but could test if you need, as far as xml's go there isn't a way of editing as far as I know because it's a built in link for xbmc it's self.

I already tried that.

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 18 2009, 07:20 PM) View Post

As far as the forums go you were banned because of the ruckus you are known for causing on xbmc.org forums.

Then the reason should have just been "You were banned because I do not like you". Not nice, but at least it is honest. rolleyes.gif

- 2 Bunny

#8 GameGuru

GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 18 2009, 05:22 PM) View Post

@GameGuru:

IPB Image

Hope that helps!

Yeah that is what I meant, thank you very much. I will have to try that when I have some free time!

#9 GameGuru

GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

Ok that worked but I can't get it to open up to the folder that has the emulators (like it does for Games), it opens up the the main folder that has folders for emulation, games, applications etc. I would highlight emulation, press the white button and select "set as default" but that didn't change anything. What do I need to do?

#10 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(GameGuru @ Dec 20 2009, 09:31 AM) View Post
Ok that worked but I can't get it to open up to the folder that has the emulators (like it does for Games), it opens up the the main folder that has folders for emulation, games, applications etc. I would highlight emulation, press the white button and select "set as default" but that didn't change anything. What do I need to do?

That is the same problem I have. There is no repair for it based on what the members of Team BlackBolt and others have told me. I wish there was a fix, and in the unlikely event that the members of Team BlackBolt and others are wrong, I'll try to post, or hopefully someone else will. I think it has something to do with the fact that the xbox media center was more flexible back then when they made the skin, and the option to make those buttons link directly to the folder was possible, but with the new version of xbox media center, it is not. I don't feel like downgrading, because then you've got to find an old skin version that is compatible with the old version of xbox media center, and all that jazz so I just leave it as is and I just suffer the pain of an extra step.

- 2 Bunny

#11 H4L0G33K

H4L0G33K

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:32 AM

Just to clarify, as it seems 2-bunny is ignoring this fact in which he has been corrected before. XBMC no longer stands for Xbox Media Center. YES it may have started out as such but it has changed to simply be XBMC with no defined meaning. Feel free to argue, as I'm quite sure you will 2-bunny but it's a fact.

Now onto the other issue, as far as I know GameGuru it is NOT possible to do as you would like. Have either of you tried Launcher app which can be set to launch at start-up? If not check the xbmc.org forums, you can do so 2-bunny without even registering if you like.

#12 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 21 2009, 12:32 AM) View Post

Now onto the other issue, as far as I know GameGuru it is NOT possible to do as you would like. Have either of you tried Launcher app which can be set to launch at start-up? If not check the xbmc.org forums, you can do so 2-bunny without even registering if you like.

Please tell us about this "launcher app". I've got a script called "launcher". I don't know where it came from, but its there.

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Dec 21 2009, 12:32 AM) View Post
Just to clarify, as it seems 2-bunny is ignoring this fact in which he has been corrected before. XBMC no longer stands for Xbox Media Center. YES it may have started out as such but it has changed to simply be XBMC with no defined meaning. Feel free to argue, as I'm quite sure you will 2-bunny but it's a fact.

Well, just because you don't call it that as much anymore doesn't mean its not so. Traditionally, we refer to the computer/camera/whatever supplies company "Hewlett Packard" as "HP", and that doesn't change the initials. You call "personal computer" "pc", even though nobody says "personal computer" anymore. I think for the real users who have used it (xbmcmc) before it got converted into this ridiculous multi platform ordeal, still understand it and its true meaning for what it is: A media center originally intended for the classic, aging xbox console. I am sorry if this brought up sad memories for you, I will try to be more subtle next time.

I'll also keep watch out for that "launcher".

- 2 Bunny

#13 greatant

greatant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Name a program source 'Games' to have the Games button automatically link to it.
Name a program source 'Emulators' to have the Arcade button automatically link to it.
Name a program source 'Programs' to have the Applications button automatically link to it.

#14 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(greatant @ Dec 24 2009, 05:22 AM) View Post
Name a program source 'Games' to have the Games button automatically link to it.
Name a program source 'Emulators' to have the Arcade button automatically link to it.
Name a program source 'Programs' to have the Applications button automatically link to it.

Which may have worked in the old version of xboxmc, but it certainly does not work now. Also, just fyi, your avatar dude is missing a leg and an arm, and is about to fall over ohmy.gif laugh.gif jester.gif .

- 2 Bunny

#15 greatant

greatant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

Did it break in the last Xbox release (Camelot Beta1) ?
I'm running Camelot Alpha2 now and it works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users