mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Basically, what is the best/easiest way to find a box that is capable of using the xex loaders

#2 ROOSTRE

ROOSTRE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:05 AM

i have an untouched 7371 benq halo edition console, zephyr. hackable in every way, i believe. but...i don't want to waste it and get on live with it. i want a new 150watt pro..i may hold on to it until the new aio cpu/gpu boxes come out and find some one who would trade.

#3 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

bump

#4 piggymouth

piggymouth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Computer Gaming<br />Technology News<br /><br />Xbox/xbox 360 Games<br />PS2/3 Games<br /><br />Modding Consoles
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

I'd like to chime in on this.

I have been interested in this "exploit" since it was announced and my current 360 has been on live long enough to get it patched.

Without knowing a whole lot about details and models, what does one look for to say "This box will work".
Without checking dashboard & Kernal versions. I understand that this must be done in the long run.

As indicated from the post above I guess I can safely say that the Halo Edition 360's will work fine..?

I also understand this is a "luck" situation if you are trying to purchase a used box. You don't know if the person had it on live, it's been banned or the history of it. Even asking them may not reveal the truth.

So if I walk into a store what models are sure to work with this..?
Or would I be better off getting one used.

I know there is the following models:

The Arcades
The Standards
The Pros with 20GB
The 60GB Pro
The 120GB Elite
The Modern Warefare 250GB

Perhaps many more that I have not listed. I would prefer to get one the uses HDMI. When the 360's first came out HDMI ports were not even part of the unit, I've gotten used to the video output from these ports and would prefer not to use component cables.

#5 shawndezy115

shawndezy115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

simply put its a roll of the dice.
if you buy it from the store it may have the new boot loader even if it has the pre 8xxx kernal on it.

your best bet is buying of someone else used. so that way you can look at the current kernal, and ask the last time it was online.

if they have been online withing the past 5 months then they prob have the new bootloader and kernal.

good luck

happy hunting

#6 piggymouth

piggymouth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Computer Gaming<br />Technology News<br /><br />Xbox/xbox 360 Games<br />PS2/3 Games<br /><br />Modding Consoles

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(shawndezy115 @ Dec 15 2009, 02:07 PM) View Post

if you buy it from the store it may have the new boot loader even if it has the pre 8xxx kernal on it.

Really. So even though the version of the Kernal is okay so-to-speak, it still can't
be loaded with Xbr Reboot...?

In another forum I was following this same kind of discussion and one person said that the new Modern Warfare II Console would do the job providing it wasn't plugged into live and updated immediatley, which I can understand. I guess he was full of it as your statement above rules out the fact that even the proper kernal can have side-effects.

How would you know? I can only think that you'd have to go through all the hoops of setting up the exploit only to find out that it won't run in the first place. This part seems scary since you can't even get reliable information from the system information menu on the dashboard.

I still think the chances of getting one are better than any state lottery. This sort-of applies to the game you have to play to get a PSP-3000 system that can run custom firmware.

#7 romanster

romanster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:39 AM

I just bought an Elite 2008 holiday bundle elite. The name alone is a big giveaway that it's hackable!

Look for the bundles that came with Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy Jones, the mfg date on mine was Oct 2008, and the dash is 6683.

I tried several walmarts, futureshops and best buys, and of course they didn't have old stock left. Go to stores that wouldn't move as much inventory, like ToysRus or a Real Canadian Superstore if you're in canadia like me.

#8 piggymouth

piggymouth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(romanster @ Dec 15 2009, 10:39 PM) View Post

I just bought an Elite 2008 holiday bundle elite. The name alone is a big giveaway that it's hackable!

Look for the bundles that came with Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy Jones, the mfg date on mine was Oct 2008, and the dash is 6683.

I tried several walmarts, futureshops and best buys, and of course they didn't have old stock left. Go to stores that wouldn't move as much inventory, like ToysRus or a Real Canadian Superstore if you're in canadia like me.

This is good to hear. Since they have so much available it's hard telling what to get.

As indicated in a previous post with the bootloader, please report back and let us know if yours has been patched. It is said that even though your Kernal version is okay you can still have this issue.

Thanks much for the information on the bundle.

I ended up purchasing one off Ebay that was pre-Xbr'd and is all set to go. Again, I took a risk on this as I don't know how many play hours the console has on it or if it's been repaired or had the X-Clamp fix done to it. For that matter I don't even know how long it will last. Hopefully with proper cooling it will last longer.

I am still aware of the potential issues that may strike at any time.

#9 shawndezy115

shawndezy115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

the ones that where made in august almost all have the new boot loader even if they donot have the newst kernal.
its a bummer.
july is safe i belive.

the boot loader is what was changed that stops us from doing homebrew.

#10 confusedman09

confusedman09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

I just went on ebay and messaged every single used xbox listing asking whether what the kernel was, and whether it had ever been opened. Found a Jan 2009 Pro with all cables and 20gb hdd for 100. No harm in trying it. tongue.gif

#11 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

It seems like most stock (That i kno of in the UK) are units produced after august 09, however refurbished units from microsoft (i.e. all boxed up as new with refurbished along the box) are mostly all ok to xbr.

I work in a game shop and checked all the new units we have had in in the last week or so and all except 2 are made after the apparent new-bootloader cut off date. With the 2 i found both being made 25-05-09 which i assume will be ok?

Anyways The new 250gb elites will not be good to use for definate. Most GAME stores in the UK will only be happy to help if you go and talk to them - if there's any old stock left now is the time to go ask for it!!

Good luck everyone.

Oh and as elites go, all the ones that were in the dark-grey box that has a HDMI cable in should be perfect for xbr. The newer light grey ones are afaik all patched with the new bootloader.

#12 oedi103

oedi103

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

I have a Xenon with XBreboot in Australia if someone is interested write me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users