X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

hi,

i wonder if someone could help me,i have a jtagged xenon xbox360 i want to keep alive after a rrod but it aint that simple it seems.

well it rrod on me a week and a half ago so i decided to do the ultimate x-clamp fix with the uniclamp,wich works very well for other xboxes that i repaired,but my personel box...wel...nope...

it did the fix several times followed by the baking(powering on till you gat the 2 red lights) and it only seemed to work for a few hours a time with after 30 minutes of play the graphix started hanging and i could still play for about 15 mins after that untill it crashed again and resulted in a rrod again.
so after the 11th time(yeah really) it completely gave up on me and i couldnt get the rrod away.
so i decided to add an xtra couchon on the uniclamp(about 2 mm as it seemed to be pressed almost flat) and that brought it back to life.

no the game randomly freezez but for some time now it won't go to rrod again,so yeah to that.
so now ive been adding vents to my casing as i think it has to do with overheating.
when i leave my case open put the dvd drive somewhere else and put a 120 mm fan on the gpu sink than all goes well,no freezez at all...

when i close the case...bam freezez...

now i added a fan just above the gpu's extra sidesink(model 2) with no luck.
still freezez for some time
freezez take about a minute then i can continue gaming for 10-15 minutes it doesnt completely crash!

any help would be appreciated,

thank you

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

I am sure your GPU needs a solder reflow. You can do the GPU baking trick like Llama's tutorial, or heatgunning or even a full reballing process.

#3 ztinoezz

ztinoezz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

well i'm doing the Llama's trick now as we speak,so we will see how that goes.
i relaesed some pressure as well as i'd rather do it twice...

i tried heatgunning yesterday with no luck,but i just think i was to carefull as i didnt want to blow anything on the circiutboard.

thank you for replying and keeping the fingers crossed,if this one fails i'm off to buy a new one next week i saw some old kungfu panda boxes at a locale store so i figured they would still be jtag hackable,but i would want to keep this one alive if possible.

are the 256 and 512 mb nand only in the arcade editions?

#4 ztinoezz

ztinoezz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

sorry for the double post but can't edit

i seem to have found a solution for my problem thanks to sabbath dude found here,

link

seems there are still problems with xbreeboot causing random freezing and slow graphix

still thank you for replying madmax you seem like a big helper on hardware...

Edited by ztinoezz, 16 December 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#5 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

I am glad that you found your answer, but I am really crappy when it comes to Jtag. I never did it and never used it. So you got me there. smile.gif I am glad it was so simple answer for your problem. Enjoy it

P.S. The latest Panda packs, I think the have a newer dashboard that you can't Jtag. If there is anyone else that could confirm it?

#6 ztinoezz

ztinoezz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Dec 17 2009, 09:54 AM) View Post

I am glad that you found your answer, but I am really crappy when it comes to Jtag. I never did it and never used it. So you got me there. smile.gif I am glad it was so simple answer for your problem. Enjoy it

P.S. The latest Panda packs, I think the have a newer dashboard that you can't Jtag. If there is anyone else that could confirm it?

yes the latest packs are,but the older versons have different boxes.

but now i found a pack with sega superstar tennis still sold withy a memory unit,not built in + free games so i went for that one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users