Photo

Strange Lights After Flash (not Xmas / Rrod / Overheat)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jbonzo

Jbonzo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

So i did xbreboot on my 2nd xbox and i have a weird light situation.

Most of the times it boots normally but sometimes it boots with 3 green lights and sometimes it boots with 2 red ones like this:
0 R
R 0

The box always works but itīs a bit scary to have it like this.

The only thing that has gone wrong in the whole hacking process is that a couple of the lpt connection wires were to long and touched the bottom of the case -> would not turn on. But i fixed that by snipping off the excess wires and putting some tape over the connections.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks biggrin.gif

Edited by Jbonzo, 15 December 2009 - 11:48 PM.

#2 Biaz

Biaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

I just had the same thing happening to my xbox. It was running fine for two days, I decided to open it up again and put some glue on with a hot glue gun to attach the connections better, but afterwards I get the same thing. Sometimes E79, sometimes normal boot XBR, sometimes 3 green light with normal boot.

I must have made a bad connection, since it works sometimes. Probably too little signal getting through, so that the payload only gets delivered correctly sometimes, and the bitstream is messed up by my bad connections the other times.

Check your wirering, make them better, maybe use thicker wires. This should sort it out smile.gif

#3 Jbonzo

Jbonzo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

Wired it again, fixed smile.gif

Whell this happened to me:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698653

But i just scraped a trace and soldered there.. then hot glued and taped the thing permanently jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users