• 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:45 AM

Hello,

First, a few facts....

-I do not really have programming talent
-I can read and follow well-written directions
-Despite my lack of talent, I am willing to do any and all work within my skill set, and even learn some things to get this done

OK, so NASCAR 07 is the final version of NASCAR for the Xbox 1. EA lost the NASCAR contract, which is good. Their mistakes were mostly political. Technically the game is pretty solid, and it's fun. I'd like to mod their game...

I'd like to do two things. First off, I'd like to correct EA's mistakes, such as eliminating alcohol sponsors and leaving out obvious drivers like Carl Edwards. I'd also like to include updated paint schemes and do some roster updates. I'd also like to rename some teams and import their correct logos. I'd like to update some sponsorship banners at the tracks, and put in the right name for the Nationwide Series....well, you get the idea.

There's a whole plethora of sites out there that make skins for NASCAR 09 and NASCAR 2003. I'm sure those could either be imported as is, or be converted easily enough to something importable into NASCAR 07.

I went to my NASCAR 07 directory on my xbox, and I saw a bunch of *.dat files. I tried to google how to extract from an EA dat file, but couldn't really find anything.

I know this is possible, it's just a question of whether or not we can get enough people who have the talent and are willing to do the work. Again, I'm willing to do the work, but I need some help getting started. Is there someone out there willing to help me out, or even better collaborate on such a project?

#2 GTTeancum

GTTeancum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

The best possibility are the 2003/2004 "Thunder" games, as they were developed by ISI, who made the F1 games for a long time. Trouble is that the F1 console games by ISI have a different file encryption than the PC, which means the Thunder games probably do too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users