2 replies to this topic

#1 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

i am having trouble with this part. it seems /should be easy, but i cannot get it to work.

i'v dl'd XBR_Xenon_8955_1.bin; i've got a correct dump of my nand.bin. i extracted the key vault and config block with 360 Flash Tool and BinCrypt2. but how to inject them into the xbr.bin?

if i follow the readme i get an error message. it is looking for a flash controller with the below command, which isn't connected. off course not, i have all the dumps stored. now i want to build the xbr image with my specific data. so i don't need it to read out the nand again (xbox isn't soldered up at this time). i tried it with bincrypt, injected the key vault and config blocks. but i i then open the image in flash tool, it says key fault bad. so that didn't work. what am i doing wrong / am i missing. i am trying to build the image with the nand dumps i have, so no xbox connected!

:
"1) Extract KV and Config blocks from orig.bin

nandpro nand1.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1
nandpro nand1.bin: -r16 rawconfig.bin 3de 2

2) Inject those blocks into XBR.bin

nandpro XBR.bin: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1
nandpro XBR.bin: -w16 rawconfig.bin 3de 2"

#2 Zheez

Zheez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

With Nandpro you specify a physical or a virtual (ie. a file) device name followed by a colon for which Nandpro is going to work with. In the examples you pasted, nand1.bin: and -r16 specifies that it'll be reading from a file nand1.bin.

If this isn't working for you, it's likely you have an older version of Nandpro as there is a 2.0, 2.0a and 2.0b. Make sure you have 2.0b as I believe this version is what added virtual device support.

#3 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(Zheez @ Dec 17 2009, 09:22 PM) View Post

With Nandpro you specify a physical or a virtual (ie. a file) device name followed by a colon for which Nandpro is going to work with. In the examples you pasted, nand1.bin: and -r16 specifies that it'll be reading from a file nand1.bin.

If this isn't working for you, it's likely you have an older version of Nandpro as there is a 2.0, 2.0a and 2.0b. Make sure you have 2.0b as I believe this version is what added virtual device support.

thank you very much, apparantly i was running an old nandpro. after, like you said, i downloaded 2.0b, it worked like a charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users